FX 6300 Temperature with Stock Cooler

silentspeedz

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014
Hey guys, my friend recently made a pc for me with the parts I chose and it's been about 3 days so far with my eyes constantly on HWMonitor looking at its temperatures but the main thing that bothers me is the CPU temperature. I have a FX 6300 and its temperature is very dynamic. Usually its at 21c when idle but sometimes it goes up to 67c whenever I do something on the computer. I understand that it can get very hot when i'm putting stress on it with games but according to monitor, it reached the max of 67c when I just left the computer on with a league of legends patcher installing the game with no other programs on. I see people warning FX users to watch the temperature go over 60c because they were meant to stay under 60c even when under load. Is this something i should worry about? Should I buy an aftermarket cooler?

Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 six core

GPU: AMD Radeon r7 260x oc version (I never manually overclocked it)

MB: MSI 970A-G43

CASE: Aero Cool StrikeX One

PSU: Antec vp-550f

RAM: Forgot the actual brand and name but I know its 2 sticks with 2 gb ram per stick.

HDD: WD 500gb

silentspeedz

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014
Oops i accidently chose your response as the best solution lol, my bad.

Uhh im looking at cpu temperature, package is usually around 55c when its underload, but cpu temp is around 65c.