Solved

Low frame rates while running Battlefield4 multiplayer

Below is my system configuration:
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 Ghz
RAM: Strontium 8 GB DDR3 1333 Mhz( 2 X 4 Gb)
Motherboard: Asus M4A88T-M/USB3
Hard disk: 1 TB Seagate Barracuda
GPU: Gigabyte 7950 3Gb Windforce (1000 Mhz clock, 1250 Mhz memory)
Power supply: Zebronics 700 watts platinum
OS: Windows 7 64 bit

I play Battlefield 4 at Full HD in ultra settings with antialiasing disabled.
I get 60+ frames while running Battlefield 4 in single player mode which is fine. But while playing multiplayer in large maps like conquest the frame rate drops to 40-45 not at all times but while facing places where there are large amount of objects/buildings and vegetation. Inside buildings and in small team deathmatch maps i used to get 55+ frames and mostly above 60.

I'm not sure as which causes the bottleneck as I have seen videos of my card performing better in large conquest maps rendering at 55+ fps at ultra settings even while recording.

Playing at medium settings gives an increase of 10 frames in large maps.

I even tried overclocking my processor to 3.5 Ghz but there is no improvement in frame rates.

I fear that my RAM which runs at 1333 Mhz causes the real bottleneck. Will upgrading to 1600 Mhz Corsair Vengence RAM will be of any help. Please help..
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about low frame rates running battlefield4 multiplayer
  1. CPU bottle-neck because your GPU is way better than it. Also, your ram may be slowing your CPU down as well which in turn could be causing the bottleneck between your CPU & GPU. Just what I think....
  2. Best answer
    That CPU at stock speed with 1333 RAM is not optimal.

    1090T can easily do 4.0GHz with a good cooler. I've had one under a CM Hyper 212 EVO driving 2 x HD 7950's in crossfire on a 990FXA motherboard. It supported Crysis 3 in 1080p at 40+ FPS on Ultra with 2xSMAA. CPU would use 90-95% of all 6 cores, 95-99% of both GPUs. So when overclocked to full potential it is actually a very good CPU and is still capable of running most modern titles on High, sometimes Ultra.

    I woud also switch to 8GB (2x4GB) of low latency DDR3 1600 RAM. 8-8-8-24 timings if you can.

    I would also make sure you are using a 64bit OS.
  3. kalaimadhan said:
    Below is my system configuration:
    Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 Ghz
    RAM: Strontium 8 GB DDR3 1333 Mhz( 2 X 4 Gb)
    Motherboard: Asus M4A88T-M/USB3
    Hard disk: 1 TB Seagate Barracuda
    GPU: Gigabyte 7950 3Gb Windforce (1000 Mhz clock, 1250 Mhz memory)
    Power supply: Zebronics 700 watts platinum
    OS: Windows 7 64 bit

    I play Battlefield 4 at Full HD in ultra settings with antialiasing disabled.
    I get 60+ frames while running Battlefield 4 in single player mode which is fine. But while playing multiplayer in large maps like conquest the frame rate drops to 40-45 not at all times but while facing places where there are large amount of objects/buildings and vegetation. Inside buildings and in small team deathmatch maps i used to get 55+ frames and mostly above 60.

    I'm not sure as which causes the bottleneck as I have seen videos of my card performing better in large conquest maps rendering at 55+ fps at ultra settings even while recording.

    Playing at medium settings gives an increase of 10 frames in large maps.

    I even tried overclocking my processor to 3.5 Ghz but there is no improvement in frame rates.

    I fear that my RAM which runs at 1333 Mhz causes the real bottleneck. Will upgrading to 1600 Mhz Corsair Vengence RAM will be of any help. Please help..


    I dislike BF4 for this reason...... each day at least 2-3 forum posts are about lag issues.
  4. Hello man said:
    I dislike BF4 for this reason...... each day at least 2-3 forum posts are about lag issues.


    Maybe people will learn eventually and stop buying AMD processors until they get something competitive again.
  5. Traciatim said:
    Hello man said:
    I dislike BF4 for this reason...... each day at least 2-3 forum posts are about lag issues.


    Maybe people will learn eventually and stop buying AMD processors until they get something competitive again.


    The 8350 is, but I dislike the older processors.
  6. Hello man said:
    Traciatim said:
    Hello man said:
    I dislike BF4 for this reason...... each day at least 2-3 forum posts are about lag issues.


    Maybe people will learn eventually and stop buying AMD processors until they get something competitive again.


    The 8350 is, but I dislike the older processors.


    Yeah, in the vast majority of games it can almost beat an i3, and in a few select titles it is about where an i5 is. Incredibly rarely it can keep up with an i7. Only it uses nearly twice the power and heat. So sure if you can get an 8350 on sale for 160 bucks or something it might be a fine budget choice if you don't care about power, it is in no way consistently competitive in performance.
  7. Traciatim said:
    Hello man said:
    Traciatim said:
    Hello man said:
    I dislike BF4 for this reason...... each day at least 2-3 forum posts are about lag issues.


    Maybe people will learn eventually and stop buying AMD processors until they get something competitive again.


    The 8350 is, but I dislike the older processors.


    Yeah, in the vast majority of games it can almost beat an i3, and in a few select titles it is about where an i5 is. Incredibly rarely it can keep up with an i7. Only it uses nearly twice the power and heat. So sure if you can get an 8350 on sale for 160 bucks or something it might be a fine budget choice if you don't care about power, it is in no way consistently competitive in performance.


    In games yes, in benchmarks however an 8350 does compete with unlocked i5's. I also disagree with the power consumption bit, as many of the i7s and i5s I have found for people are 120W TDP or higher. I have an Intel and an AMD, a PC and a Mac. I am not that partial, I just look for the best product at the right prices, and frankly, I think Intel is a wee bit overpriced. However OP, I would try the RAM upgrade.
  8. Set Terrain Decoration on Low and watch your FPS drop even further :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games Gaming Processors Battlefield RAM Graphics Cards