Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

FX8350 vs FX8320 VS FX6300 ??

Last response: in CPUs
Share
April 10, 2014 1:53:09 AM

I am Going to Build a $700.00 Budget Build and just want PO on what Cpu would be the best buy now and in the long run .

I have no parts as of yet . Just gathering info to make the smartest/best Gamer Rig i can get for Around $700.00

Thanks !

More about : fx8350 fx8320 fx6300

a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
April 10, 2014 2:10:21 AM

this would be a good build to start with the case is of course up to preference i just put it in there for a 50 dollar case i would go with the 8320 its gonna have longer legs in the future

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3phZz
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3phZz/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3phZz/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($149.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($30.98 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($73.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($71.10 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card ($165.38 @ Newegg)
Case: Apevia X-SNIPER2-WHT ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Mwave)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $748.38
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-10 05:10 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 435 à CPUs
April 10, 2014 2:20:03 AM

If you can stretch slightly over the budget this would be my pick:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3pi9o
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3pi9o/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3pi9o/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B85M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($67.49 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($67.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Club 3D Radeon R9 270 2GB Video Card ($169.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $745.39
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-10 05:19 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
April 10, 2014 2:26:18 AM

you can not lose with either of these builds they are both good
m
0
l
April 10, 2014 2:50:56 AM

coolcole01 said:
this would be a good build to start with the case is of course up to preference i just put it in there for a 50 dollar case i would go with the 8320 its gonna have longer legs in the future

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3phZz
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3phZz/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3phZz/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($149.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($30.98 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($73.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($71.10 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card ($165.38 @ Newegg)
Case: Apevia X-SNIPER2-WHT ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Mwave)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $748.38
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-10 05:10 EDT-0400)


This Build is Pretty Much Spot on what I have in Mind for my Build , Like you said with exception of the case , witch i picked a $50.00 Cooler master. Also i won't need the Windows 8 since i have windows 7 ultimate i can use as My OS . Also Since i do not need the OS i was going to find a 100.00 SSD to use as my boot drive with Windows and a couple Games on it as well .

Thanks for the Post ! This was Really cool of you to Take the time to do this for me !
m
0
l
April 10, 2014 2:52:49 AM

JOOK-D said:
If you can stretch slightly over the budget this would be my pick:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3pi9o
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3pi9o/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3pi9o/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B85M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($67.49 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($67.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Club 3D Radeon R9 270 2GB Video Card ($169.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $745.39
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-10 05:19 EDT-0400)


Thanks for your reply, It's something to think about for sure ! I just was a little bit familiar with the AMD items and haven't delve into the intel waters as of yet ...lol
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
April 10, 2014 2:57:52 AM

no problem enjoy
m
0
l
April 10, 2014 3:02:15 AM

coolcole01 said:
no problem enjoy


what's your opinion of the HD 7700 video card ? I have read some good reviews and some not so good . I don't know if the Brand matters . Thanks !
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
April 10, 2014 3:10:05 AM

the 7700 cards are for high quality 720 p and lower quality 1080p
m
0
l
April 15, 2014 1:40:29 PM

gotcha , that's where i am having the most trouble in deciding what is too low or out of my price range . the rest i pretty much have summed up . i would really like to jump on the fx 8350 right now for $ 179.00 !!
.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
April 15, 2014 7:26:00 PM

i would swap the asus m5a97 LE for the gigabyte 970a-ud3p wich feature 8+2 power phase and higher quality components all around and will allow for better overclocking of the 8320 cpu for 7$ more only...also OP i really don't recommand the extra spending to get the 8350, as the FX-8320 is exactly the same chip only with lower clock speed but only by raising the multiplier in the bios you can get to 4.2 or 4.4 ghz in about 1 minutes as this is an unlocked CPU and overclock very easily...
If you raise the voltage a little this chip will reach as high as 4.6 or 4.8ghz stable on that board with that CPU cooler all day long.

Here i played a little and found a much better PSU than the corsair CX600 for a better price too...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($149.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($81.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 270X 2GB Video Card ($179.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Apevia X-SNIPER2-WHT ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Mwave)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $763.85
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-15 22:41 EDT-0400)

Of course i didn't changed the case, storage and OS as i leave that to your discretion.
Share
April 16, 2014 8:30:02 AM

paitjsu sadff said:
i would swap the asus m5a97 LE for the gigabyte 970a-ud3p wich feature 8+2 power phase and higher quality components all around and will allow for better overclocking of the 8320 cpu for 7$ more only...also OP i really don't recommand the extra spending to get the 8350, as the FX-8320 is exactly the same chip only with lower clock speed but only by raising the multiplier in the bios you can get to 4.2 or 4.4 ghz in about 1 minutes as this is an unlocked CPU and overclock very easily...
If you raise the voltage a little this chip will reach as high as 4.6 or 4.8ghz stable on that board with that CPU cooler all day long.

Here i played a little and found a much better PSU than the corsair CX600 for a better price too...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($149.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($81.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 270X 2GB Video Card ($179.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Apevia X-SNIPER2-WHT ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Mwave)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $763.85
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-15 22:41 EDT-0400)

Of course i didn't changed the case, storage and OS as i leave that to your discretion.


@paitju sadff this is a great build and more than likely what i will be going with !! only thing i will be changing will be the windows 8 and the the dvd burner for my own windows 7 and a asus blu ray player for my kids . thanks for the help with this !!
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
April 16, 2014 8:31:26 AM

absolutely no problem i'm glad i helped, you can't go wrong with this it's top quality and high performances parts for the best price/performance available on the market today, have fun!
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
April 16, 2014 11:57:36 AM

call911fm said:
my final build , let me know what you all think ! thanks again all !! http://pcpartpicker.com/user/call911fm/saved/4o7D

well, is there a reason why you swapped the board to a 990FX chipset board? i assume it is for crossfire capability but if that's the case then i would go with a more powerful power supply (750w minimum) other then that it's great i love the XFX PSU but the EVGA i picked was a bargain at 39$...it is equal quality and is 600W...but it's a great system no mather what, solid build i'm sure you will enjoy this for years to come.
m
0
l
April 16, 2014 12:10:45 PM

paitjsu sadff said:
call911fm said:
my final build , let me know what you all think ! thanks again all !! http://pcpartpicker.com/user/call911fm/saved/4o7D

well, is there a reason why you swapped the board to a 990FX chipset board? i assume it is for crossfire capability but if that's the case then i would go with a more powerful power supply (750w minimum) other then that it's great i love the XFX PSU but the EVGA i picked was a bargain at 39$...it is equal quality and is 600W...but it's a great system no mather what, solid build i'm sure you will enjoy this for years to come.


someone sent me a message saying that the mobo i was going to pick before is not the current or most recent chipset ? also i was told that the evga is not as stable as the xfx and it was close to the same price . i just go with what is recommended . thanks for your help !
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
April 16, 2014 12:20:02 PM

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...
This motherboard feature the highest quality components, an 8+2 power phase, high quality VRM's and mosfets, heatsinks, it's meant for overclocking...best board available hands down, equal in quality to pretty much any 990FX board there is, only down side to it is that it will not allow for crossfire or sli configuration because the 2nd PCIe slot is a 4x slot...but if you don't plan on going crossfire in the future (your powersupply will not allow this anyway and 1 powerfull GPU is always better) then there is no reason you would pay more for another motherboard...trust me i made my researches before i come in here an recommand...same goes for the powersupply this EVGA unit i recommanded is as good in quality and stabilty as the XFX one for 10$ less and will provide and extra 50w of headroom for upgrades..

now i would appreciate if you would tell me who told you those things via PM if you don't mind...i don't like people doing this it's a good thing you came back and ask..
m
0
l
April 16, 2014 1:42:02 PM

would you minded if i cut and pasted your last comment in that thread so i can get both inputs going forward ?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
April 16, 2014 2:06:00 PM

call911fm said:
would you minded if i cut and pasted your last comment in that thread so i can get both inputs going forward ?


absolutely go ahead, i stand behing any recommandations i have made on this forum up to this day
m
0
l
April 16, 2014 2:13:24 PM

paitjsu sadff said:
call911fm said:
would you minded if i cut and pasted your last comment in that thread so i can get both inputs going forward ?


absolutely go ahead, i stand behing any recommandations i have made on this forum up to this day


ok will do !


m
0
l
!