Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

I need help upgrading RAM. Laptop Samsung ATIV Book 4

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • RAM
  • Memory
  • Components
  • Samsung
Last response: in Components
April 10, 2014 5:14:24 AM

I found a memory thing (I don't know what they're called) from another computer. I want to replace the 2gb with a 4gb to have 2 4gb memory thingies to make it a total of 8gb RAM. The memory thing has a white something on it (I'll just type what it says there) 4gb 2Rx8 PC3 10600S-9-10-F2.1333
on the top it says NT4GC64B8HB0Ns-Cg 1109 TW
I just want to know if it is compatible/will work.
Sorry if it's confusing, I'm kind of in a hurry.

More about : upgrading ram laptop samsung ativ book

April 10, 2014 5:18:22 AM

What does the white label on your old modules (technical name for it) say? The number of pins needs to match up in order for the RAM to fit
m
0
l
April 10, 2014 5:21:06 AM

adumbbird13 said:
What does the white label on your old modules (technical name for it) say? The number of pins needs to match up in order for the RAM to fit


Do I need to open the bottom of my laptop to know the number of pins needed?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a b } Memory
April 10, 2014 5:25:33 AM

You could look at the manual, or look at their(Samsung) website for what memory is compatible.
m
0
l
April 10, 2014 6:11:56 AM

Looks like that RAM is compatible
m
0
l
April 10, 2014 6:40:15 AM

adumbbird13 said:
Looks like that RAM is compatible


Are you sure?
m
0
l

Best solution

April 10, 2014 8:58:46 AM

Baconator said:
adumbbird13 said:
Looks like that RAM is compatible


Are you sure?


The RAM that you have from the other Acer computer is the same as the current RAM in your samsung Laptop. However, you will have 8GB of 1333MHz RAM vs. 4GB of 1600MHz RAM.
Share
April 10, 2014 9:32:11 AM

adumbbird13 said:
Baconator said:
adumbbird13 said:
Looks like that RAM is compatible


Are you sure?


The RAM that you have from the other Acer computer is the same as the current RAM in your samsung Laptop. However, you will have 8GB of 1333MHz RAM vs. 4GB of 1600MHz RAM.


Didn't mean to chose your solution as "Best Solution". Oops. --- What does that mean? Should I keep it the way it is?
m
0
l
April 10, 2014 9:33:39 AM

Baconator said:
adumbbird13 said:
Baconator said:
adumbbird13 said:
Looks like that RAM is compatible


Are you sure?


The RAM that you have from the other Acer computer is the same as the current RAM in your samsung Laptop. However, you will have 8GB of 1333MHz RAM vs. 4GB of 1600MHz RAM.


Didn't mean to chose your solution as "Best Solution". Oops. --- What does that mean? Should I keep it the way it is?


1333 - 1600 isn't a huge jump for basic use. Things such as video editing and animating are very RAM hungry, and hence would benefit from 1600. However, the jump from 4 GB to 8GB will kind of mask that small performance drop.
m
0
l
April 10, 2014 9:50:23 AM

adumbbird13 said:
Baconator said:
adumbbird13 said:
Baconator said:
adumbbird13 said:
Looks like that RAM is compatible


Are you sure?


The RAM that you have from the other Acer computer is the same as the current RAM in your samsung Laptop. However, you will have 8GB of 1333MHz RAM vs. 4GB of 1600MHz RAM.


Didn't mean to chose your solution as "Best Solution". Oops. --- What does that mean? Should I keep it the way it is?


1333 - 1600 isn't a huge jump for basic use. Things such as video editing and animating are very RAM hungry, and hence would benefit from 1600. However, the jump from 4 GB to 8GB will kind of mask that small performance drop.


This laptop currently has 6gb RAM.
I do gaming on this laptop. Would those 2 more GBs improve gaming? At least a little? or not at all?
m
0
l
April 12, 2014 3:36:37 PM

Not really. If you're running on integrated graphics, like you are, you might see a slight performance. However, 8GB will slightly improve editing, etc.
m
0
l