R9 270 overclocking with afterburner

jduncan4

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
I just got a MSI R9 270 2gb card today i bought it because of the many favorable reviews and people stating it can be clocked to 270x numbers for a lower price...

i was told to just take the 3 sliders (core,memory,power limit %) and put them all to the right and save a preset.. is this safe/correct? and will there be any dmg to my videocard or pc by doing so?

i have an amd A10 quad core 6700 12 gigs of ram 700 w continuous pc power and cooling psu and 2tb hdd

i currently have it set to +20% 1050 core and 1500 memory just want to make sure this is a safe setting

here is a pic of stock
Untitled_zps5f2d84f8.jpg

here is a picture of the overclock

121_zps8b1203a5.jpg

Solution
You generally shouldn't just overclock that much in one go. Better to take it in small steps while running a stress test and looking out for artifacts.

But the card will most likely go to the BIOS limits without issue. Mine sure did.
You generally shouldn't just overclock that much in one go. Better to take it in small steps while running a stress test and looking out for artifacts.

But the card will most likely go to the BIOS limits without issue. Mine sure did.

Solution