Solved

How to set default harddrive help?

How do I switch these two?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about set default harddrive
  1. Best answer
    You don't. OK...you could, but there is no need to.

    Simply move some stuff to your E drive.
  2. Aaah, you install your OS on one drive and it becomes the default drive. If you are talking the boot order that is done in the bios of the motherboard.
  3. Can I move files from conduit? Such as the files in program (x86)?
  4. And sometimes when I have to download something, it's giving me an invalid reason to pick DATA E: when saving those files.
  5. johnstren said:
    Can I move files from conduit? Such as the files in program (x86)?


    No. Do not do this.

    You current C drive has the OS and (i'm assuming) all your applications. That does not really take up that much space.
    What does consume a lot of drive space is movies/music/games. Those things you can put on the E drive.

    Is your C drive an SSD?
  6. Yeah, a 256GB SSD, if I have to move games, such as steam games, how do I do it?
  7. johnstren said:
    And sometimes when I have to download something, it's giving me an invalid reason to pick DATA E: when saving those files.


    Some programs won't install on anything other than the C drive but those are rare now a days.
  8. johnstren said:
    Yeah, a 256GB SSD, if I have to move games, such as steam games, how do I do it?


    Right.

    So...to move Steam games: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

    There is also Steam Mover (i've never tried this, though)
    http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover

    In the Steam client, you can designate multiple locations for where games will be installed.
Ask a new question

Read More

Default Switch Storage Hard Drives