Solved

First Time PC Build Help!

Hello, I'm new to building/assembling new PCs etc. I might soon build a new PC and my budget is around 50k-55k INR or 850-900 US Dollars. I saw many threads that had links which included only the parts(Processor, RAM, Graphics etc.)! Since, this will be a new PC so, I want a complete list including Mouse, Monitor, Keyboard.
Here are some pre requisites -
I don't prefer AMD Processors, so I'd like an i5, RAM must be 8 GB, monitor should be Full HD. I can compromise on Graphics Card since I won't be playing much games but it should play games at AT LEAST mid-high! :)
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about time build
  1. If you're looking to play games on mid/ high do not compromise in the graphics card.
  2. RazerZ said:
    If you're looking to play games on mid/ high do not compromise in the graphics card.


    Gaming is not the main issue, so someone suggested me that SAPPHIRE HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 is pretty decent. :)
  3. Best answer
    Best I could do:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($30.98 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($89.79 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($67.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R7 265 2GB Video Card ($165.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
    Monitor: Asus VS238H-P 23.0" Monitor ($134.99 @ NCIX US)
    Keyboard: Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Mouse: Logitech G400s Wired Optical Mouse ($42.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $972.64
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-11 09:39 EDT-0400)
  4. @ above cut that Win8 put Xeon e3-1230 v2 and the setup is lovely.
  5. Ra_V_en said:
    @ above cut that Win8 put Xeon e3-1230 v2 and the setup is lovely.

    Xeon is not recommended for his needs, and it's not compatible by the Asus motherboard.
  6. Well he said AMD not welcome and I5 is in price of that Xeon.. obviously I didn't suggest to put that Xeon on AM3 slot... the mobo will be cheap for that Xeon as well since its 1 generation old... btw how do you know what needs it has? He said games is not an issue but if you can afford better CPU why would i want that FX, Xeon will be beating that FX to its knees in every day usage... cooler, more efficient and more powerful... but indeed cost more.
  7. TechCIDLC said:
    Best I could do:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($30.98 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($89.79 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($67.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R7 265 2GB Video Card ($165.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
    Monitor: Asus VS238H-P 23.0" Monitor ($134.99 @ NCIX US)
    Keyboard: Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Mouse: Logitech G400s Wired Optical Mouse ($42.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $972.64
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-11 09:39 EDT-0400)


    This is great, minus the processor(I'll add i5 and change motherboard) and I already have Windows 8.1 License.
    Thank You and everyone else! :D
  8. PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3pVMW
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3pVMW/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3pVMW/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($227.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($76.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($79.28 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($149.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: Asus VS238H-P 23.0" Monitor ($134.99 @ NCIX US)
    Keyboard: Logitech K310 Wired Standard Keyboard ($31.99 @ Amazon)
    Mouse: Logitech M510 Wireless Laser Mouse ($27.19 @ Amazon)
    Total: $899.34
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-11 11:07 EDT-0400)


    How about that... Xeon eats both FX and i5 on a breakfast.. its generally CoolNQuite solution. Xeon & GTX750 are known for excellent power efficiency.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems