I've had this keyboard for a few months now, probably since about christmas. It's been perfect for my gaming needs. Recently it started to rsndomly enter '\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' if i click on any sort of text box. For example on twitter, as soon as i go to tweet and click on the text box to type, i get a stupid amount of '\\\\\\\\\' being entered non stop until i click off the box. This is rather frustrating as you can imagine. But now its even starting to enter random letters along with the backwards slash. It now enters something like '\a\a\aa\a\a\a\a\aa\aa\a\a\aa\\a\a\a' . Could someone please help or suggest why it's doing this! please!
I've already tried;
-Antivirus tests and removing recently downloaded file.
-Uninstalling the drivers for the keyboard
-Restarting the computer, and unplugging the keyboard
Ps: I have checked the reviews on Amazon and cant seem to find a solution or anyone else with the issue. Also i have researched online and all i have found is Laptop keyboards having this problem, and none of the solutions work on my computer.
1. check the keys itself, sometimes thy stuck even if you dont physicly see it. Hit them one at a time fast and with decent pressure.
2. Hit shift fast 5 times to see if sticky keys is pressed.
3. Hit escape when this happens to unlock the soft lock that sometimes get stuck.
4. Are you using a kvm switch? Try without it to narrow the problem down.
5. Adjust the keyboard repeat delay and repeat rate in keyboard settings.
6. Happen to use TapTap Hotkey Extender? It sometimes causes exactly this behavior.
7. Check the settings in ease of access center in control panel. Specificly filter keys.
Thank! I went into Ease of Access and messed about with some settings and now it has stopped. Though unfortunatley Now my '5' '6' and 'q' buttons arent working? Looks like i might just have to get a new keyboard after all :\
Last thing you could try before bying a new one is to remove those buttons and clean the sensors underneat. This happens with gaming keyboards, when the sensor gets to dirty it stops responding. Search youtube for a guide. Linustech is awesome and probably have one.