FX-6300 and ASRock 960GM-VGS3 FX problem

Cyclone201

Reputable
Apr 11, 2014
I bought these 2 components and I'm having some problem with them and by that I mean low performance and fps drop.I searched on some forums,I asked some people and I understand that the problem is with my mb having 2+1 phase which is not enough for mu cpu, but my question is: Can that affect performance and cause drop fps?Because i can change the mb but i need to be sure.

Cyclone201

Reputable
Apr 11, 2014
For example before I was able to play thief on medium with a intel dual core 3ghz(25-30 fps but stable) now i get 40 on high but the fps drops to 10 at every turn I make.Another game is Dota 2, before i was able to play the game with no fps drop ,now i can't turn the mouse in a direction without droping the fps to 10-15 and back to 40-50.The cpu is not overclocked,turbo boost is off.
Update: I just touched the mosfets and i almost burned my finger...

FL4ME

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
I don't know if you still have this problem,but I found a solution to it.
I bought this exact MB and got heat problems with my FX8350 aswell.It droped from 4Ghz to 1,5 if I started a game like GTA 5.
First I thought,that the cooler is not good enough.
But then I read in a forum post,that the VRM's are not actively cooled on this MB,so it would cause them to overheat.
So what I did was,I took the smallest fan I had (92mm) and pointed it towards the VRM's and now my CPU allways stays at 4Ghz.