How to setup a wireless modem router by using one ip address on the host and assign different ip address for remote computer?

Hello,
I am using a TP-Link 300Mbps Wireless N USB ADSL2+ Modem Router.
I and my brother play COD 4 online everyday however he plays on the desktop and i play on my laptop over the wifi network. The problem is that when one of us gets banned from one of the servers the other guys also does not get to play there because we have a common ip address.
How can we setup the router in such a way that that desktop has one ip address and my laptop gets another ip address over the same network?
5 answers Last reply
More about setup wireless modem router address host assign address remote computer
  1. You can't. The game server is banning your public IP address, of which you only have one. Given out by the ISP.
  2. USAFRet said:
    You can't. The game server is banning your public IP address, of which you only have one. Given out by the ISP.


    Can't I do anything to fool them?
  3. Nope. And this is treading quite close to 'against the rules' here.

    How to get around this? Don't do stuff that will get you banned.
  4. USAFRet said:
    Nope. And this is treading quite close to 'against the rules' here.

    How to get around this? Don't do stuff that will get you banned.


    It's not really for about getting banned. My brother and me are administrators of a certain COD4 clan and so we have our own accounts in their forum. My brother is a level 4 admin and i just became a level 2 admin. So when i log in to the forum my brother and i get the same level although that is not suppose to happen. And when we both are logged in we both have the same level either he is demoted to my level or i am promoted to his level.
    How can i tackle this problem? They pretty much use ip addresses to keep track of admin levels.
  5. reaperhead said:


    It's not really for about getting banned. My brother and me are administrators of a certain COD4 clan and so we have our own accounts in their forum. My brother is a level 4 admin and i just became a level 2 admin. So when i log in to the forum my brother and i get the same level although that is not suppose to happen. And when we both are logged in we both have the same level either he is demoted to my level or i am promoted to his level.
    How can i tackle this problem? They pretty much use ip addresses to keep track of admin levels.


    From your original comment:
    Quote:
    The problem is that when one of us gets banned from one of the servers


    You have one and only one public IP address. If that's what they go by (and they do), that's what you get.
    Unless you want to pay your ISP twice.
Ask a new question

Read More

Routers Computers Wireless Network Wireless IP Address Modem