Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Motherboard compatible with nividia crossfireX, 128gb (32x4) of memory, 4 graphics card slots

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
April 13, 2014 6:18:14 PM

im trying to put together a list of an insane desktop supercomputer with the most outlandish specs. and i need a motherboard with nividia crossfireX, 128gb (32x4) of memory, 4 graphics card slots 4 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (@Gen3 x16 bus via PCIe switch). i cant find one with these most demanding specs but if you can help me find it (if it exist) please let me know and give link!!!

Thanks and cheers!!!!
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
a b } Memory
April 13, 2014 6:36:59 PM

You know i was going to commend on this...Then i saw the whole ddr5 thing and knew this was spam....
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 134 V Motherboard
a c 377 U Graphics card
a b } Memory
April 13, 2014 6:37:11 PM

What processor are you using, the socket type dictates the board.
This is the first that comes to mind, only 64GB though. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

As for the DDR5, I hope you mean GPU, and arent wasting my time.
Share
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
April 13, 2014 6:39:26 PM

This seems like an impossible task.
Current motherboards that support that much ram are designed for server operations, and so would have no use for a quad SLI setup.
Sorry, nobody has built a motherboard with your specs yet. But there's always hope!
m
0
l
April 13, 2014 6:43:12 PM

drtweak said:
You know i was going to commend on this...Then i saw the whole ddr5 thing and knew this was spam....


im not spamming but im new to computer hardware but the graphics card is ddr5 and i want the motherboard to be compatible. but i just recently read that i dont need a ddr5 compatible motherboard for it to use a ddr5 graphics card sorry about that.

m
0
l
April 13, 2014 6:54:20 PM

Gam3r01 said:
What processor are you using, the socket type dictates the board.
This is the first that comes to mind, only 64GB though. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

As for the DDR5, I hope you mean GPU, and arent wasting my time.


the proccesor is the "Xeon 12 core" http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?gclid=CKT71_...

also the ddr5 thing was meant for the motherboard to be compatible with a graphics card that is ddr5
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
a b } Memory
April 13, 2014 6:58:39 PM

That is GDDR5 not DDR5. PC's are only at DDR3.

Now i'll let it out.

1) 32 GB sticks are only on the Server Side plus they cost around 1000 USD each. Regular DDR3 only goes to 8GB sicks and even then the high end boards support 64 at most unless you get like the SR-X which is a Dual Xeon board which support 96GB of ram but those are discontinued.

2) Nvidia Crossfire?? No No No. Nvidia has SLI, AMD has Crossfire.

3) IF you want 4 Graphics cards to at 16x each you will need a Dual Xeon board. Even then I don't think they can run at 16x each. I think they run at 8x Each. besides most graphics cards can't even use all the bandwith that a 8x PCIe 3.0 offer unless its some Dual GPU card like the new R9 295X or the Titian Z or something crazy as hell.

It sounds like to me you really need to read up on hardware first before you start building a monster of a machine like this.

Also you better have at least $5000-8000 USD for what you want to build as well.
m
1
l
April 13, 2014 7:05:08 PM

Gam3r01 said:
What processor are you using, the socket type dictates the board.
This is the first that comes to mind, only 64GB though. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

As for the DDR5, I hope you mean GPU, and arent wasting my time.


drtweak said:
That is GDDR5 not DDR5. PC's are only at DDR3.

Now i'll let it out.

1) 32 GB sticks are only on the Server Side plus they cost around 1000 USD each. Regular DDR3 only goes to 8GB sicks and even then the high end boards support 64 at most unless you get like the SR-X which is a Dual Xeon board which support 96GB of ram but those are discontinued.

2) Nvidia Crossfire?? No No No. Nvidia has SLI, AMD has Crossfire.

3) IF you want 4 Graphics cards to at 16x each you will need a Dual Xeon board. Even then I don't think they can run at 16x each. I think they run at 8x Each. besides most graphics cards can't even use all the bandwith that a 8x PCIe 3.0 offer unless its some Dual GPU card like the new R9 295X or the Titian Z or something crazy as hell.

It sounds like to me you really need to read up on hardware first before you start building a monster of a machine like this.

Also you better have at least $5000-8000 USD for what you want to build as well.


thanks for the info also ill read up on this im really new to this stuff and finally im not planning on building it i just want to see how crazy of a computer you can build
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
a b } Memory
April 13, 2014 7:20:03 PM

Yea I do the same thing. I had an SR-X build with Dual Xeons (12 core but faster than the one you were looking at) 96 GB of ram, 4 Titan video card, PCIe SSD, few TB of hard drive space, case, Power Supply, Water cooling. Came out to over 12 grand with tax with the build i was looking at. So when someone says they can build a 10,000 Dollar PC. Trust them. They can.
m
1
l
a b V Motherboard
April 14, 2014 3:24:13 PM

Question for people with huge amounts of RAM.

Do you ever use all your RAM? If so, what are you doing?

I currently have 24GB on my desktop and rarely go over 30% RAM in use. Maybe I should multitask more?
m
0
l
April 14, 2014 3:47:58 PM

noahhicks said:
Question for people with huge amounts of RAM.

Do you ever use all your RAM? If so, what are you doing?

I currently have 24GB on my desktop and rarely go over 30% RAM in use. Maybe I should multitask more?


to be honest its because they either like the huge number or they feel like they need it. The only reason i requested it is because i want to see if this crazy stuff exist.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
a b } Memory
April 15, 2014 9:36:11 AM

well to me the people who have crazy amounts like 64 gigs or something, and this is why I would use it as well, if yo make a Ram Disk, store files there while you are using them. Or use it as a scratch disk for video editing or something. This way everything goes by faster. Thats the only real reason why i see the need to have a lot of ram unless you have like a dozen or so vitrual machines running at once lol
m
0
l
!