Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

top spec high end graphics card for gaming and also media streaming, such as music and video rendering/editing

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 14, 2014 12:24:10 AM

Hello I'm looking to buy a graphics card for my new rig that I'm building should I get the amd firepro m9000 which is the most powerfull or shoukd I go for a much cheaper option and as well have more of them?
a b U Graphics card
April 14, 2014 12:29:20 AM

If I'm not mistaken that is a workstation GPU, it isn't meant for gaming, it is meant for editing videos & photos. If you're looking for a top of the line gaming GPU then go for a GTX 780Ti (or a non reference 780 = better performance for the buck) OR a non reference 290X . & for 1080 you only need one of them, the only time you may consider more is if you need a higher resolution like 1600p+
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
April 14, 2014 12:38:54 AM

Demorthus said:
If I'm not mistaken that is a workstation GPU, it isn't meant for gaming, it is meant for editing videos & photos. If you're looking for a top of the line gaming GPU then go for a GTX 780Ti (or a non reference 780 = better performance for the buck) OR a non reference 290X . & for 1080 you only need one of them, the only time you may consider more is if you need a higher resolution like 1600p+


Exactly.
m
0
l
Related resources
April 14, 2014 12:41:03 AM

Ahh ok I will look into them now, I'm mainly looking for a gpu that will enable me to have great graphics for gaming but yet it still power full enough to render as well either at the same time whilst I'm gaming or just to render whilst I'm steaming a film of services such as netflix
m
0
l
April 14, 2014 12:42:18 AM

I'm just trying to get the best I can get for all services but it won't loose frame rates
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
April 14, 2014 12:45:02 AM

luke tasker said:
Ahh ok I will look into them now, I'm mainly looking for a gpu that will enable me to have great graphics for gaming but yet it still power full enough to render as well either at the same time whilst I'm gaming or just to render whilst I'm steaming a film of services such as netflix


Get a Titan for that. It's good for gaming and rendering.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
April 14, 2014 12:47:00 AM

Pretty much, & if you want the faster version of it go for a Titan Black, it'll give you the power for rendering & gaming in one card. Especially with the extra ram (for editing applications that require it).
m
0
l
April 14, 2014 12:49:53 AM

Cheers guys all this help is really appreciated I will be uploading some videos on my channel in proably the next 2 weeks or so of my unboxing of some of the equipment I will be getting feed back and subscribtions and what not will be greatly apreciated I will post my channel name soon :) 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
April 14, 2014 12:55:45 AM

Cheers :) 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
April 14, 2014 1:22:53 AM

What kind of rendering? Because video rendering such as working with Adobe After Effects. You wont gain much from a higher end GPU. If you're working with Mudbox, Zbrush, or any High Poly rendering programs with high resolution textures you will get a better experience with the GTX 690 and GTX Titan they will perform well with games. If you just mean for gaming and video editing and rendering go for the GTX 780 Ti and 290x Non reference or if money isnt a problem a 295x2.
m
0
l
April 14, 2014 1:37:33 AM

It's going to be mostly running on rendering videos for YouTube such as gamplays and live streams as well as unboxing and such what ever else I'm just looking for the best possible graphics card I can get for my money I don't really have a budget I'm just trying to get the best runner I can get with minimal upgrading in a few months if years
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
April 14, 2014 1:45:19 AM

luke tasker said:
It's going to be mostly running on rendering videos for YouTube such as gamplays and live streams as well as unboxing and such what ever else I'm just looking for the best possible graphics card I can get for my money I don't really have a budget I'm just trying to get the best runner I can get with minimal upgrading in a few months if years


For that type of editing/rendering I'd recommend the Titan if you don't want to upgrade in years & can only justifiy a 295x2 if you want more power in things like OpenCL, otherwise- it's just two slightly faster 290x's in one card
Share
a b U Graphics card
April 14, 2014 1:49:49 AM

If money wont stop you wait get a Titan-Z you won't ever have a problem with rendering anything..... for probably the next 10 years... well safely id say 5 years
m
0
l
April 14, 2014 1:51:53 AM

Cheers for the help would you recommend any water cooling blocks for the titan?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
April 14, 2014 1:56:15 AM

Unless you were to overclock it to its' very knees I don't think it'd be worth building a water cooling loop around it honestly, you can OC it decently without abandoning the air cooler :) 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
April 14, 2014 2:02:20 AM

Watercooling is only if you plan on really heavy overlocks... running at 1080p and just video editing and rendering doesn't justify it my man. If you'd like some liquid cooling look into Corsair H-Series Close loops Cooling and NZXT cooling mounts for GPU's
m
0
l
!