Solved

building a high end gaming computer

Hello guys! Please, help me choose.
Notice money is not a problem, Efficiency is .
4770k or 4930k
Asus Z87 Pro Motherboard or Asus p9x79 or asus rampage lv extreme
Kingston hyperx 16gb (2x8) 2133 mhz or something you recommend
Asus gtx 780 ti-DC2OC-3gbs or asus r9 290x-DC2OC- 4GBs
I want that system for up to 5 years
Thanks a lot,you are the best.
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about building high end gaming computer
  1. What PSU are you planning to get? & will you be overclocking? (if so, what cooler?)
  2. My psu is modular psu corsair ax 1200i digital 1200 w 80plus platinum
    Sorry I don't know what you mean by overlooking but I will use it for ultra games and cooler is cooler master nepton 140 xl so what do you think? ?
  3. I clicked on pick as the solution by mistake
    I am so sorry
  4. If it's just mainly for gaming I'd recommend a i5-4670k (the 4770k will only help basically if you're thinking of doing intense CPU tasks like rendering/editing applications) for GPU, a GTX 780/Ti (the Ti isn't the best bang for the buck but if you WANT the FASTEST, the premium tag is there for it, on the NVidia side that is.) OR a 290X (The 290x does better in higher resolution gaming than a 780Ti) If you're planning to SLI that 1200W PSU will be more than enough to accommodate that power hungry system.. Also, overclocking means upping the performance by increasing frequencies, that i7-4770k you mention does 3.5Ghz and can boost to about ~4Ghz, but you can overclock it to go up to 4.5Ghz (as an example) This WILL give you extra performance without having to completely buy a new part like a CPU & mobo together. I also see you have a water cooler, this will give you a bit of head room to do that as well- don't worry, overclocking is not hard, if you need help just as us here for it. & you only need 8GB ram for gaming, you can go for a pair of (2x 4GB) RipJaws X ram- and the highest clock you can go on ram and get the most out of it in real world performance is 1600-1866Mhz, higher than that is for benchmarking as it stands atm.
  5. Amr Khairy said:
    I clicked on pick as the solution by mistake
    I am so sorry


    It's ok! i unselected it it's cool.
  6. Thanks so much for these informations I believed you can help me but sorry for asking
    I want you to tell me does cpu overlook by it self or I must do something to overlook it and please, name a cooler for me and what is the motherboard you suggest?
    I select the amd one as you said it's better but could I use crossfire in games without any problems
    Thanks again
  7. Amr Khairy said:
    Thanks so much for these informations I believed you can help me but sorry for asking
    I want you to tell me does cpu overlook by it self or I must do something to overlook it and please, name a cooler for me and what is the motherboard you suggest?
    I select the amd one as you said it's better but could I use crossfire in games without any problems
    Thanks again


    It's "overclock" not "overlook".
  8. Yes I am sorry for that writing mistake
  9. Best answer
    Amr Khairy said:
    Hello guys! Please, help me choose.
    Notice money is not a problem, Efficiency is .
    4770k or 4930k
    Asus Z87 Pro Motherboard or Asus p9x79 or asus rampage lv extreme
    Kingston hyperx 16gb (2x8) 2133 mhz or something you recommend
    Asus gtx 780 ti-DC2OC-3gbs or asus r9 290x-DC2OC- 4GBs
    I want that system for up to 5 years
    Thanks a lot,you are the best.


    Since you do not care about price, the 4930k, the X79 board, and the 780ti are the way to go. I don't think the price premium of the 780ti is worth it though.
  10. Thanks a lot for your help Mr Logainofhades but which one do you think is better for future games 4770k or 4930k? And what do you suggest for the psu and cooler
  11. Amr Khairy said:
    Thanks a lot for your help Mr Logainofhades but which one do you think is better for future games 4770k or 4930k? And what do you suggest for the psu and cooler


    For current & future gaming, the 4770k, games will not be as intensive to require a 4930k (Here is some performance: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4930K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-4770K). For PSU & cooling it depends on if you'll overclock and if you plan to add an extra GPU down the line. For a 600W here is a EVGA one with great reviews! (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438014) & for a 750W here's a popular Corsair one (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139010). As for cooler it depends the size of your case, a 212 EVO is the most popular air cooler that's very cheap & a solid cooler! (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099) But if you'd like here is a single radiatior closed loop water cooler: For a 140mm: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181035
    For a 280mm: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181036
    OR 240mm: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181036
    Keep in mind a water cooler performs better in keeping lower temps but you need the adequate space to install/mount them.
  12. Future gaming the 4930k will probably edge out the 4770k. Games are going towards the more CPU intensive side of things. Crysis 3 loves the 6 core LGA 2011 chips. BF4, in 64 man campaign mode, makes good use of the cores as well. It is hard to recommend anything, knowing that next gen CPU's are not that far off.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Gaming Computers CPUs