• Games
  • HD
  • ATI
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 14, 2014 11:25:33 AM

Hi peeps,

I want to know if far cry 3 will run on my pc..my pc specs are as follows

Dell Precision 470
2x 3.4Ghz HT Xeon processors ( quad cores in total and 4mb cache )
4Gb Ecc Reg. DDR2 Ram
ATI Radeon HD 5450 512mb Graphics
1Tb Sata.

Waiting anxiously for responses :) 

More about : 5450 cry

Best solution

April 14, 2014 11:28:32 AM

well, you can probly expect lowest settings at 15-30 fps with that card, i would save some money and buy a better card, and even better if you have the money for it then build a brand new computer, cuz with your current one even a new graphics card you cant go past medium settings with playable fps.
April 14, 2014 11:50:32 AM

Danbuscus25 said:
well, you can probly expect lowest settings at 15-30 fps with that card, i would save some money and buy a better card, and even better if you have the money for it then build a brand new computer, cuz with your current one even a new graphics card you cant go past medium settings with playable fps.

I have been playing Mass Effect 1 & 2 on highest graphics :/ 
Far Cry 2 gives me around 31fps on ultra..
what do you think FC3 will give me ?
and whats up with the PC ? i mean do games require more cores now ?
m
l
Related resources
April 14, 2014 11:55:33 AM

wow o.o that is very surprising fps for your build. and over time games are becoming more able to utilize more cores, so yes more is becoming better. 4 is fine for now though. i would still suggest a new graphics card, it will give you more fps.
m
l
April 14, 2014 11:55:55 AM

5450 is not a gaming card. It's not meant for gaming, it's meant for a cheap HD solution. I think you would be really lucky if you were able to run the game at lowest setting.
m
l
!