Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

H80I not showing up in corsair link.

Last response: in Components
Share
April 14, 2014 4:30:12 PM

The cooler itself is working along with the led, but it's not showing up in corsair link. I want to turn down the fans a bit because it's a bit too loud when I'm gaming. I tried using difference usb ports, but no luck. I made sure I even had the latest corsair link installed.
April 14, 2014 4:37:43 PM

Are you using windows 8.1?
m
0
l
April 14, 2014 4:50:23 PM

bdiddytampa said:
Are you using windows 8.1?


Whoops, forgot to mention what OS I was using. Yes I am using 8.1, I hear other poeple with 8.1 is getting the same issues.
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 14, 2014 4:56:24 PM

Yup, I have the H80i as well and just updated to 8.1 last weekend. Came up with the same issue. Are you comfortable with editing your registry?
m
0
l
April 14, 2014 5:05:01 PM

bdiddytampa said:
Yup, I have the H80i as well and just updated to 8.1 last weekend. Came up with the same issue. Are you comfortable with editing your registry?


I can try to do that. I read that as a solution somewhere last night.
m
0
l

Best solution

April 14, 2014 5:13:23 PM

Totally worked for me. Just right click start button, click run, and type in "regedit"

So navigate to this path in Registry Editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04

You should find one or possibly more folders of random numbers, letters, and ampersands. Under each of these folders will be a "Device Parameters" folder which has the following four important strings:
AllowIdleIrpInD3 = 1
DeviceSelectiveSuspended = 1
EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled = 1
SelectiveSuspendEnabled = 1

Just double click these individually in the far right pane and a window will pop up with the value already highlighted. Change each to "0" (zero) then save and reboot.

To revert these changes, just change the values back to 1.

If you have any questions or don't understand something let me know, I'll try to talk you through it. It's dead easy, and I can vouch for it working.
Share
April 14, 2014 5:16:17 PM

bdiddytampa said:
Totally worked for me. Just right click start button, click run, and type in "regedit"

So navigate to this path in Registry Editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04

You should find one or possibly more folders of random numbers, letters, and ampersands. Under each of these folders will be a "Device Parameters" folder which has the following four important strings:
AllowIdleIrpInD3 = 1
DeviceSelectiveSuspended = 1
EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled = 1
SelectiveSuspendEnabled = 1

Just double click these individually in the far right pane and a window will pop up with the value already highlighted. Change each to "0" (zero) then save and reboot.

To revert these changes, just change the values back to 1.

If you have any questions or don't understand something let me know, I'll try to talk you through it. It's dead easy, and I can vouch for it working.


Thanks, I can finally see my fans and my pump.
m
0
l
April 14, 2014 5:17:56 PM

No problem, glad I could help :-)
m
0
l
July 12, 2014 4:15:24 AM

joey3590 said:
The cooler itself is working along with the led, but it's not showing up in corsair link. I want to turn down the fans a bit because it's a bit too loud when I'm gaming. I tried using difference usb ports, but no luck. I made sure I even had the latest corsair link installed.


m
0
l
July 12, 2014 4:16:22 AM

Did you find a solution? (Ihave the same problem)
m
0
l
!