Brand New PC Randomly Shutting Down Without Warning

I just recently had a new PC built. Here is a link for the specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/marcd455/saved/4bCd since the moment it was put together (about a week ago) it has been randomly shutting down without warning. After the bootup it can either last for hours or only 30 minutes or so. Any advice will help, if you have any questions ask and i will respond asap, thank you.
8 answers Last reply
More about brand randomly shutting warning
  1. Test the RAM. This sounds very much like the RAM is defective.
  2. My guess is either a overheating CPU or a failing PSU. My guess is the PSU as the CX430w isn't a strong PSU and your rig is pulling around 300w (150 GPU + 95 CPU + 50 everything else) under load.. although it could be a poorly applied heatsink... Download HWmonitor and extend the motherboard tab and the CPU tab and take a screenshot
  3. Now although it is possible to run your system on a 430W PSU, the recommended power for your GPU is 500W. Random shutdowns is a common symptom of either a dying or insufficient power supply. Do you have a different power supply you can try? One that meets the specs of your system? Obviously I can't be certain, but this is my first thought with your situation...
  4. theonerm2 said:
    Test the RAM. This sounds very much like the RAM is defective.


    How do i test the ram?
  5. Shain Taylor said:
    My guess is either a overheating CPU or a failing PSU. My guess is the PSU as the CX430w isn't a strong PSU and your rig is pulling around 300w (150 GPU + 95 CPU + 50 everything else) under load.. although it could be a poorly applied heatsink... Download HWmonitor and extend the motherboard tab and the CPU tab and take a screenshot


    http://gyazo.com/55ef082b3e1e0ed491793753a6a2438f
  6. RivaL77 said:
    theonerm2 said:
    Test the RAM. This sounds very much like the RAM is defective.


    How do i test the ram?


    Just type memory from the search bar in your start menu. And click on Windows Memory Diagnostic. Click restart now and check for problems. Test each stick of RAM individually to find out which one is defective.
  7. RivaL77 said:
    Shain Taylor said:
    My guess is either a overheating CPU or a failing PSU. My guess is the PSU as the CX430w isn't a strong PSU and your rig is pulling around 300w (150 GPU + 95 CPU + 50 everything else) under load.. although it could be a poorly applied heatsink... Download HWmonitor and extend the motherboard tab and the CPU tab and take a screenshot


    http://gyazo.com/55ef082b3e1e0ed491793753a6a2438f


    Hmm everything seems fine there. Play a game such as BF3 and then take a screen shot, if you leave it running it should show the maximum/minimum.... Although your VCore does seem very high...
  8. Shain Taylor said:
    RivaL77 said:
    Shain Taylor said:
    My guess is either a overheating CPU or a failing PSU. My guess is the PSU as the CX430w isn't a strong PSU and your rig is pulling around 300w (150 GPU + 95 CPU + 50 everything else) under load.. although it could be a poorly applied heatsink... Download HWmonitor and extend the motherboard tab and the CPU tab and take a screenshot


    http://gyazo.com/55ef082b3e1e0ed491793753a6a2438f


    Hmm everything seems fine there. Play a game such as BF3 and then take a screen shot, if you leave it running it should show the maximum/minimum.... Although your VCore does seem very high...


    http://gyazo.com/bcf6219d960a59c1f67b985ee4e7fac9 those numbers are after playing minecraft with high video settings for 15-30 minutes
Ask a new question

Read More

Systems