i7 4771 - Need Opinion About Temperatures

kageryu01

Reputable
Mar 23, 2014
Hi,

I'm stress testing my new build with Prime95. I'm using the custom torture test with the default values. The only thing I changed was the memory to be tested from 2000 to 16000. Two hours ago the software that came with my Asus Maximus Hero showed the CPU at 77-78c. I thought that was a little high. I just checked it again and the temps are down to about 69-70c. Is this usual? This is the first time I've tried the stress test.

I was worried because I mounted the heat sink a few days before I turned the computer on. I wasn't sure if you need to turn it on right away to get the paste to seat properly (from the heat).

Here is my relevant system info:
i7 4771
Asus Maximus Hero
Cooler Master Hyper Evo with second fan attached.
CM Storm Stryker with the stock fans facing front and 2 additional fans at the bottom.
16GB gskill ram
MSI GTX 770 2GB

Thanks,
Phil

Solution
From what i can find that seems to be in the ok range i do not know anyone with this chip but most people i know with 4770k usually say its cool under 80 or if it starts throttling itself.

kageryu01

Reputable
Mar 23, 2014
I expected with the aftermarket heat sink and extra fans I would get better temps. I guess I will let it run the night on prim95 and see what the temps are like in the morning.