Solved

how long can this build survive the 'heavy duty games'

CPU: INTEL CORE I5 - 4570 - VIA JUNGLEE
http://www.junglee.com/Intel-i5-4570-Quad-Core-Processo...
Rs 13790
MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE B85M - D3H - VIA SNAPDEAL
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/gigabyte-b85md3h-mother...
Rs 6000
CABINET: CORSAIR CARBIDE SPEC 1 GAMING CABINET - VIA EBAY.IN
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Corsair-Carbide-Series-SPEC-01-R...
Rs: 3390
INTERNAL HDD: SEAGATE BARRACUDA 2 TB - VIA SNAPDEAL
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/seagate-2tb-desktop-int...
Rs 5533
PSU: CORSAIR CX 600 M - VIA AMAZON.IN
http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00ALYOPSS/ref=junglee&...
Rs 5999
RAM DDR3: CV 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 - VIA SNAPDEAL
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/corsair-vengeance-ddr3-...
BUY TWICE
Rs 5146
GPU: SAPPHIRE RADEON R9 280X VAPOUR X OC - VIA SNAPDEAL
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/sapphire-vaporx-r9-280x...
Rs: 24770
MONITOR: DELL S2240L IPS MONITOR - VIA FLIPKART
http://www.flipkart.com/dell-s2240l-21-5-inch-led-backl...
i am guessing it can play gmaes at AT LEAST very low resolution by the end of 5 years
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about long build survive heavy duty games
  1. You should be fine with that system for awhile. That is still a pretty powerful rig by today's standards. To be honest, it is pretty close to my own system.
  2. yes i know that but could you just tell me how many years it can last
    i am still considering its long term value and whether i should go for it
    it is at quite a hefty price:)
    according to my family and me
  3. Can you tell us the new "heave duty games' that will come out in the future, and thier requirements? Any answer without advance knowlege is just speculation at best or a SWAG at worst, as NOBODY knows what will be required.
  4. clarkjd said:
    Can you tell us the new "heave duty games' that will come out in the future, and thier requirements? Any answer without advance knowlege is just speculation at best or a SWAG at worst, as NOBODY knows what will be required.


    closest best guess??
  5. Trying to build a 'future-proof' rig is like constantly chasing a moving target.

    * BUT * There are a few good practices you can follow that will help:

    1) Over-spec your motherboard with a plan to upgrade CPU and RAM in 1-2 years. For example, you might get a locked i5 today but plan to get an i7 K series and liquid cooler to overclock in the future.

    2) Over-spec your PSU by 30-50%. It's not wasted money now as this will keep it cooler, quieter and in the middle of efficiency range while under load. And in the future you will have power overhead for a better CPU and possibly a better or even a second GPU.

    3) Buy your RAM in a 2 stick config now. This will leave 2 slots open that you may be able to fill with a 2nd identical RAM kit in the future.
  6. maddogfargo said:
    Trying to build a 'future-proof' rig is like constantly chasing a moving target.

    * BUT * There are a few good practices you can follow that will help:

    1) Over-spec your motherboard with a plan to upgrade CPU and RAM in 1-2 years. For example, you might get a locked i5 today but plan to get an i7 K series and liquid cooler to overclock in the future.

    2) Over-spec your PSU by 30-50%. It's not wasted money now as this will keep it cooler, quieter and in the middle of efficiency range while under load. And in the future you will have power overhead for a better CPU and possibly a better or even a second GPU.

    3) Buy your RAM in a 2 stick config now. This will leave 2 slots open that you may be able to fill with a 2nd identical RAM kit in the future.


    is my motherboard any good?
    i can't afford a better psu
    i am buying 2 sticks

    just please someone tell me how may years can i expect please
  7. PS GUYS i dont want to be future proof just tell me how many years are left
  8. thisnamehasalreadybeentaken said:
    PS GUYS i dont want to be future proof just tell me how many years are left

    You might as well ask how high is up? no one knows what the future may hold, or what games you may consider as "essential", or what their requirements might be.:pt1cable:
  9. clarkjd said:
    thisnamehasalreadybeentaken said:
    PS GUYS i dont want to be future proof just tell me how many years are left

    You might as well ask how high is up? no one knows what the future may hold, or what games you may consider as "essential", or what their requirements might be.:pt1cable:



    a broad estimate?????:fou:
  10. Best answer
    You should be fine for at least 3yrs on medium to high settings. I have had my 3570k almost 2yrs and still feel no need to upgrade.
  11. logainofhades said:
    You should be fine for at least 3yrs on medium to high settings. I have had my 3570k almost 2yrs and still feel no need to upgrade.


    finally :D
  12. No problem. While I don't feel the need to upgrade, I intend to, only because I want a 1230v3 mini-itx rig. :lol:
  13. logainofhades said:
    No problem. While I don't feel the need to upgrade, I intend to, only because I want a 1230v3 mini-itx rig. :lol:


    mid-high
    that means atleast 5 years in low res
    :bounce: :D
Ask a new question

Read More

VIA CPUs