Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Please check if these are the best configuration with Intel 3.4 GHz LGA 1150 4670K i5 4th Generation Processor?

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Components
  • Motherboards
  • Intel i5
  • PC gaming
Last response: in Components
April 15, 2014 11:04:59 PM

Hi Tom’s Hardware,

I am planning to buy a gaming and multitasking PC, and I would like to ask you, if this CPU configuration is enough to run this system?

PSU :Corsair VS550 550 Watt PSU Rs. 3240
Motherboard : ASRock Z87 Extreme4 Motherboard Rs. 14399
CPU : Intel 3.4 GHz LGA 1150 4670K i5 4th Generation Processor Rs. 16459
RAM(OS) :Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) PC RAM (CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10) Rs. 5850
HDD :Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (ST2000DM001) Rs. 5933
SDD :Kingston 60 GB SSD Internal Hard Drive (SUV100S37A/60G) Rs. 3675
GPU :MSI NVIDIA N630GT-MD4GD3 4 GB DDR3 Graphics Card Rs. 4600
COOLER :Cooler Master SickleFlow Red 120 mm Cooler Rs. 530
KEYBOARD :Cooler Master Devastator USB Mouse and USB Keyboard Rs. 3190
SPEAKERS :Creative SBS A335 Multimedia Speakers (2.1 Channel) Rs. 1648

[THESE ARE FLIPKART PRICE]
Is all above parts compatible and is the motherboard good for this kind of build? My Budget is about Rs. 60,000($1000).

Thank you.

More about : check configuration intel ghz lga 1150 4670k 4th generation processor

April 15, 2014 11:41:08 PM

Good selection of CPU and Motherboard.

I'd recommend a few changes.

1- Get a different GPU. What's your budget on that one? It'll be great if you could pick one from AMD's R9 series or Nvidia GTX 760 or higher.

2- Get a FULLY MODULAR PSU 600W/650W. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm_2RG61hhk

3- What about your cabinet? See if your budget supports a full tower.

4- Get a 1TB HDD and invest the remaining amount in a Samsung Evo SSD.

5- Get a CPU Cooler if you'll be gaming for long hours. Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo.



m
1
l
April 16, 2014 9:45:10 PM

octaneurpc said:
Good selection of CPU and Motherboard.

I'd recommend a few changes.

1- Get a different GPU. What's your budget on that one? It'll be great if you could pick one from AMD's R9 series or Nvidia GTX 760 or higher.

2- Get a FULLY MODULAR PSU 600W/650W. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm_2RG61hhk

3- What about your cabinet? See if your budget supports a full tower.

4- Get a 1TB HDD and invest the remaining amount in a Samsung Evo SSD.

5- Get a CPU Cooler if you'll be gaming for long hours. Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo.




Thankyou For Your Response.
On your Advice I have Made same changes please verify them as well...
PSU : Corsair VS650 650 Watt PSU Rs. 4140
CPU COOLER : Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler Rs. 2857
THE GPU you suggested are really expensive almost 5x the 1 i have selected.....are their any serious drawback of MSI NVIDIA N630GT-MD4GD3 4 GB DDR3 Graphics Card???
I just want to keep windows in the SDD so isn't a 60gb SDD enough for this???
Is RAM 2X4gb Better Than 1X8GB??
And can you tell me how to transfer data from my old HDD (500gb) to a new one??
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

April 16, 2014 11:18:44 PM

Vimanyu,

GPU - The MSI GT 630 is an entry level based card and a PCI E2.0 and not 3.0. That makes a lot of difference when it comes to performance in AAA game titles.
Presently, you've selected an amazing cpu and motherboard. Select a mid-range card at least to give you a steady flow of fps with intensive games. How about the 650 Ti at least or AMD Radeon 7770?

If you're not satisfied, do a little more research on the GT 630's benchmarks.

PSU - Good choice with the PSU.
CPU COOLER - Perfect.
SSD - 60 gigs is good for booting up your OS. No worries on that one.

RAM - I personally am using 1X8 Corsair Vegeance cuz I was short on budget too. But a single stick works great for me. However I'm planing to pick another one soon cuz it enhances the performance.

I'd suggest that if you can wait, get 1X8 for now and get another stick in the near future.

Transferring Data: My two cents, I would buy an external HDD case and put the old one in it. Then later transfer the data that I need to the new drive through the external HDD.

Are you getting all the components at one-go?
Good luck with your build!
Share
April 17, 2014 8:53:49 AM

octaneurpc said:
Vimanyu,

GPU - The MSI GT 630 is an entry level based card and a PCI E2.0 and not 3.0. That makes a lot of difference when it comes to performance in AAA game titles.
Presently, you've selected an amazing cpu and motherboard. Select a mid-range card at least to give you a steady flow of fps with intensive games. How about the 650 Ti at least or AMD Radeon 7770?

If you're not satisfied, do a little more research on the GT 630's benchmarks.

PSU - Good choice with the PSU.
CPU COOLER - Perfect.
SSD - 60 gigs is good for booting up your OS. No worries on that one.

RAM - I personally am using 1X8 Corsair Vegeance cuz I was short on budget too. But a single stick works great for me. However I'm planing to pick another one soon cuz it enhances the performance.

I'd suggest that if you can wait, get 1X8 for now and get another stick in the near future.

Transferring Data: My two cents, I would buy an external HDD case and put the old one in it. Then later transfer the data that I need to the new drive through the external HDD.

Are you getting all the components at one-go?
Good luck with your build!


Thanks A Ton for ur help!!!
for GPU i have selected ZOTAC NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti 2GB 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card is this good for now i can upgrade in future......and what do you think how long i can play games without upgrading it anymore can i aspect 3-4 yrs if i just ugrade the gpu and ram later???
m
0
l
April 17, 2014 10:13:17 AM

No problem, bud.
Glad I could help you out.

You can go on for a good amount of time with a good setup that you're putting together now.
Yup, an upgrade in 2-3 yrs. time with a faster GPU will enhance your gaming experience.
And extra RAM will always be a plus point considering how demanding games and 3d applications are getting.

What titles do you play most of the time?
m
0
l
April 17, 2014 7:50:44 PM

octaneurpc said:
No problem, bud.
Glad I could help you out.

You can go on for a good amount of time with a good setup that you're putting together now.
Yup, an upgrade in 2-3 yrs. time with a faster GPU will enhance your gaming experience.
And extra RAM will always be a plus point considering how demanding games and 3d applications are getting.

What titles do you play most of the time?


Games like..
Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012
Call.of.Duty.Black.Ops.II
Cross Fire
Hitman Contracts
assasins creed 3
Crisis 3
what about you?? Where are u from??

So Finaly my rigs are -
PSU :Corsair VS650 650 Watt PSU
Motherboard : ASRock Z87 Extreme4 Motherboard Rs. 14399
CPU : Intel 3.4 GHz LGA 1150 4670K i5 4th Generation Processor Rs. 16459
RAM(OS) :Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) PC RAM (CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10) Rs. 5850
HDD :Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (ST2000DM001) Rs. 5933
SDD :Kingston SV300S37A/60G Internal Hard Drive
GPU :ZOTAC NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti 2GB 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
COOLER :Cooler Master SickleFlow Red 120 mm Cooler Rs. 530
KEYBOARD :Cooler Master Devastator USB Mouse and USB Keyboard Rs. 3190
SPEAKERS :Creative SBS A335 Multimedia Speakers (2.1 Channel) Rs. 1648
CPU COOLER :Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler

Only thing I am concerned is that people are saying seagate HDD get broken in Less than 1 yrs!!! :(  but right now i am using 500gb seagate only and it is working fine for more than 2 yrs!! what do you say??

m
0
l
April 28, 2014 12:37:15 AM

You should go 2x4GB 1600mhz or 1866mhz ram best performance.
m
0
l