jasperng18

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
CPU: I5 4670k
Case: NZXT Phantom 530
Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240m
GPU: Sapphire R9 270x
Ram 2 x 4 1866 ripjawx

The 240m Seidon is installed on the top of the case and the 2 x 120m fan are on push config.

so I could still install 2 x 200 mm fans on top, what would be the best fan for a kinda pull config

I am not that sensitive with the noise, I am looking for pure performance.

Trayjan

Reputable
Apr 5, 2014

I am doing something similar in a phantom 820 with an h100i. I don't know if I should have two of the stock 200 mm fans on top of the cooler pulling air out with the corsairs underneath pushing or if I should have the corsairs on top pulling since they are a stronger static pressure fan. If I did use the two 200mm fans on top I would need another to replace the one that I took from the side since it would be on of my two intake fans (one in front and one on the side). I just don't want the 200mm stock case flow fans to get in the way of the two static pressure fans pushing the air out of the case. I know it may seem dumb but it's a nerve wracking decision for me it's my first build and the fans are all that's holding me up.

jasperng18

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014

Somebody told me that it is ok to put a 200 mm fan on top of the radiator because the pull config doesn't need that much static pressure, the one that need high static pressure is the push config fans.

Can anybody confirm this because it is from just one source.

jasperng18

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
this is what RCoon said to me in another thread "As push, yes, but pull fans don't require quite so much static pressure, because there's nothing restricting the air in front of them. The pressure is required on push fans so the air makes it through the fins."

Trayjan

Reputable
Apr 5, 2014

Are you also going to have a 200mm on the side and on the front for intake? Thats what I was going to do along with the two 200mm fans on top and a 140mm fan on the back;. Top and back exhaust, front and side intake. I hope that gives me less intake then exhaust so I have negative pressure because I hear thats the best way to get good ambient temps. It may be positive pressure I dont know. I think Im having information overload at this point. To many you tube tutorials and forum reads.

Trayjan

Reputable
Apr 5, 2014

Ahh very good thank you Jasperng18. I am definitely going with the double 200mm fans on top then. I think thats going to work really well. They have the same exact fan thats in the NZXT cases on newegg for $19.99 so Im gonna grab tht one. Good luck with your build.

jasperng18

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014

Phantom 530 has only a 140 mm mount on the side. I am going for
top - 2 x 200 mm fans + 2 x 120 mm fans and 240 mm radiator
back - 1 x 140 mm fan
side - 1 x 140 mm fan
bottom - 2 x 120 mm fan
front - 1 x 200 mm fan
pivot - 1 x 140 mm fan

I really don't know what positive and negative pressure in the case, I gotta research that thanks for the info.

Trayjan

Reputable
Apr 5, 2014

I dont remember if it was positive or negative pressure (negative I think) but it just comes down to the fact that you should have more air going out then you do coming in because it gives better ambient temps. I wouldnt think you would need any fans at the bottom with the setup you have but Im not an expert by far so dont take my advice. I have been watching LinusTechTips vids about air cooling all night so Im a jumble of info right now.

TRENDING THREADS