Solved

1400$ gaming build - New to this - Need your help :)

Hi guys,

I'm not very familiar with building its own computer and I don't follow up on every new parts that come out (cpus, gpu...).

So I kinda need your help to help me achieve a good/very good build for less than 1400$ including monitor and peripherals. As I am currently playing on a samsung laptop with no dedicated GPU beside the intel graphics, it's kinda difficult to enjoy every games.

I mostly play CS:GO, but there is no way I can play competitively with my laptop. I tweaked it to get 120fps but that's it.

So here is a build I made on PCPartPicker and I would like your opinions and suggestions if possible! That would be great!

Thanks again!!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($104.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($127.50 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($65.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($259.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro (OEM) (64-bit) ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Asus VH238H 23.0" Monitor ($138.99 @ Newegg)
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N150HG 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adapter ($15.75 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Wired Gaming Keyboard ($77.27 @ TigerDirect)
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Black Edition Wired Optical Mouse ($58.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1366.36
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-16 06:03 EDT-0400)
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 1400 gaming build
  1. I tweaked the build a bit here, and got you a better processor, and a GTX 770, which based on my own personal experience I think would make you much happier than a GTX 760. The build comes out to $1,488.36: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3sFNB

    Edit: However, if you absolutely have to be under $1,400 I can still get you a slightly better processor (newer version of the same processor essentially) but it would still have to be with the 760 instead. That build is here: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3sFQA - $1,398.35
  2. look this
    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3s7yt
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3s7yt/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3s7yt/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($35.98 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: XFX XTR 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
    Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor ($157.00 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1216.90
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-16 06:32 EDT-0400)
  3. STACKS ON DECK said:
    look this
    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3s7yt
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3s7yt/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3s7yt/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($35.98 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: XFX XTR 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
    Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor ($157.00 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1216.90
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-16 06:32 EDT-0400)


    Yep, this build here basically achieves the same thing, but without a mouse/keyboard/OS, so if you need those they'll be extra.
  4. Egitel said:
    STACKS ON DECK said:
    look this
    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3s7yt
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3s7yt/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3s7yt/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($35.98 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: XFX XTR 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
    Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor ($157.00 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1216.90
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-16 06:32 EDT-0400)


    Yep, this build here basically achieves the same thing, but without a mouse/keyboard/OS, so if you need those they'll be extra.


    this build costs 1216$ and he has budget of 1400 so still 184$ remains to spend
  5. My advice don't dump money into expensive crap. The Razer and your peripherals aren't worth it. You are paying for a name not a good product.. It's a fact that expensive mice and keyboards don't enhance your gameplay or experience. save the money and put it towards better parts in the system.
  6. Best answer
    How about...
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock H87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($91.48 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($73.47 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($319.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro (OEM) (64-bit) ($129.99 @ Amazon)
    Monitor: BenQ GW2450 24.0" Monitor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N150HG 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adapter ($15.75 @ Amazon)
    Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Wired Gaming Keyboard ($77.27 @ TigerDirect)
    Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Black Edition Wired Optical Mouse ($58.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $1358.85
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-16 06:42 EDT-0400)

    Also:
    Avocade said:
    My advice don't dump money into expensive crap. The Razer and your peripherals aren't worth it. You are paying for a name not a good product.. It's a fact that expensive mice and keyboards don't enhance your gameplay or experience. save the money and put it towards better parts in the system.

    +1 to this. For a $1400 budget you might even manage a GTX 780...
  7. Thanks you fellas!

    Trully appreciate.

    Also

    "My advice don't dump money into expensive crap. The Razer and your peripherals aren't worth it. You are paying for a name not a good product.. It's a fact that expensive mice and keyboards don't enhance your gameplay or experience. save the money and put it towards better parts in the system."

    I just wanted a nice mouse, and a mechanical keyboard.

    I can think about the steelseries Kana for mouse, less expensive than the razer. But for the keyboard ?

    Best,

    Juve
  8. mechanical keyboards are loud and really don't give you an edge. You can get a $20 mouse that will last longer and give you the same performance.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Computers Build Systems