Sign in with
Your question
Solved

i5-2320 High temperatures at FULL LOAD

Last response: in CPUs
April 16, 2014 3:31:44 AM

Okay, so I had Gamma Archer and I changed it with Deepcool Gammaxx 200. Don't ask why I buy another cheap one, cuz I'm quite tight in budget and I thought it would make a difference, but it's actually not.

#1 Pic - Gamma Archer temps

#2 Pic - Gammaxx 200 temps. Added two intakes on the front too.

As you can see. all other components are cool. except my CPU. Is this happening because it's toasted? (I cleaned the old thermal paste and did not reapply since the new heatsink has a pre-applied one). I'm pretty sure it's locked tight on the cpu too.

Another thing is, is i5 sandy bridge usually clocks down when not in used? or should it be running @ 3.0Ghz ALWAYS? Cuz right now, it's just running at 1.6Ghz. Does that mean it's throttling!?

Best solution

a c 96 à CPUs
April 16, 2014 7:59:15 AM

Those temps are too high! It appears that you were penny wise and pound foolish.

Have a look at the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo if you need a budget cooler.

Yogi
Related resources
April 16, 2014 8:24:36 AM

I actually considered that cooler. but it's hard to find it here. my budget was only PHP600(13 USD) and Hyper 212 Evo here costs $40. Anyway, I know some people who use this cooler and they have fantastic temps.
m
l
a c 96 à CPUs
April 16, 2014 8:27:25 AM

karlsanada13 said:
I actually considered that cooler. but it's hard to find it here. my budget was only PHP600(13 USD) and Hyper 212 Evo here costs $40. Anyway, I know some people who use this cooler and they have fantastic temps.

When it comes to coolers, "You get what you pay for".

Yogi

m
l
a c 96 à CPUs
April 16, 2014 8:59:53 AM

Your results belie those in the review.

I would try to return it for a refund or exchange for something better.

Yogi
m
l
April 16, 2014 10:06:01 AM

The problem is, that's not possible here. I guess I would just wait and not stress my cpu that much till I get the money to buy a better one.
m
l
a c 96 à CPUs
April 16, 2014 10:31:19 AM

karlsanada13 said:
The problem is, that's not possible here. I guess I would just wait and not stress my cpu that much till I get the money to buy a better one.

That is a good plan.

Yogi

m
l
!