FX-8320 Over Clocking

tamethegamer

Reputable
Apr 14, 2014
I'm have a few questions about a possible CPU I'm after:

- I'm curious- Is it possible to overclock safely and stabely with enough cooling?

With Overclocking to the side,

- I have a Corsair Obsidian 650D with x1 Rear 120mm, and x1 top and rear 200mm stock fans that came with the case.
- I may also be getting the CM Hyper 212 Evo heat sink
- Will there be enough airflow in my rig at load temps? I will be playing demanding games such as Battlefield 4, skyrim and possibly Crysis 3 on ultra.
- If i were to OC the CPU would you recommend me getting other case fans?

Solution
Yes, and your setup is perfectly suitable for overclocking. Just make sure you have a very good PSU and a motherboard suitable for overclocking to do so.
the setup you are about to assemble is going to be very good. i think that corsiar 650d has also intake fans.if it hasnt make sure you rearrange, for optimal airflow. apart from the cpu, which is capable make sure you also have a capable gpu to be playing that games on ultra!

tamethegamer

Reputable
Apr 14, 2014

Yeah the front 200mm fan is intake with the back and top fans available for exhasts. I was thinking that i could change the rear fan as an intake as my pc will be pushed right back against a wall so everything would be expelled from the top- is this sensible?

My GPU will be the Sapphire R9 270X Toxic edition

since your gpu isnt pushing air outside the back of the tower(like reference designed gpu do) you are ok. i would leave some inches of space though!