Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can't install any NVIDIA Geforce GT 540m drivers at all.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 18, 2014 12:23:31 PM

Hi. I'm running an Acer aspire 5755g with NVIDIA Geforce GT 540m, and lately, all my games have been running really slowly. After a bit of googling I find out that all of my games are running on the Intel HD 3000 graphics card, which isn't nearly as good as my Geforce.
This started happening a while ago, just after I tried installing a new driver through Geforce Experience. After googling a bit I try to rollback the previous driver, where my games ran smoothly.(driver 314.24 or something) Then I get the recommended drivers from the Acer website, but I get the same error.
After that I get told to use driver sweeper on all my Nvidia files, and after that it just gets worse. Now I get this error when I try to install any drivers.
http://imgur.com/lDrv1JX.jpg

Apparantly this is a common thing people get, and there's a fix where you need to go through device manager, but my graphics card doesn't even appear in there. The only one I can see is the Intel one.
http://imgur.com/JL1KkRz.jpg

Now I am completely out of ideas, I feel like I've tried everything that comes to mind.
I'll be on for as long as I can bare, I'll try to answer any questions.

I'm looking forward to any help.

PS: Excuse me for my mediocre grammar
April 18, 2014 12:32:07 PM

You are getting the right installer version for the os running on the laptop, have you checked if it is 32bit or a 64 bit os.

Check you have downloaded the right bit version of the Nvidia installer.
m
0
l
April 18, 2014 12:40:57 PM

Shaun o said:
You are getting the right installer version for the os running on the laptop, have you checked if it is 32bit or a 64 bit os.

Check you have downloaded the right bit version of the Nvidia installer.


I'm running x64 home premium win 7, and x64 Nvidia installer.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
April 18, 2014 12:50:48 PM

Uninstall both the intel and Nvidia drivers. Then try installing the Intel drivers followed by the nvidia ones.
m
0
l
April 18, 2014 3:04:44 PM

Spectre694 said:
Uninstall both the intel and Nvidia drivers. Then try installing the Intel drivers followed by the nvidia ones.


Dang, didn't work either.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
April 18, 2014 5:25:47 PM

astrospacecat said:
Spectre694 said:
Uninstall both the intel and Nvidia drivers. Then try installing the Intel drivers followed by the nvidia ones.


Dang, didn't work either.


Same errors or different? also can you still roll back at all?
m
0
l
April 18, 2014 5:53:31 PM

Spectre694 said:
astrospacecat said:
Spectre694 said:
Uninstall both the intel and Nvidia drivers. Then try installing the Intel drivers followed by the nvidia ones.


Dang, didn't work either.


Same errors or different? also can you still roll back at all?


Installing the Intel drivers worked fine, and I got the same errors for my Geforce. And sadly rollbacking isn't an option for me..


m
0
l
April 19, 2014 5:03:20 AM

Am I allowed to bump..?
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
April 19, 2014 1:59:38 PM

astrospacecat said:
Spectre694 said:
astrospacecat said:
Spectre694 said:
Uninstall both the intel and Nvidia drivers. Then try installing the Intel drivers followed by the nvidia ones.


Dang, didn't work either.


Same errors or different? also can you still roll back at all?


Installing the Intel drivers worked fine, and I got the same errors for my Geforce. And sadly rollbacking isn't an option for me..




Maybe try poking through the bios and see if there is an option to enable/disable the secondary GPU?
m
0
l
April 19, 2014 4:04:54 PM

Spectre694 said:
astrospacecat said:
Spectre694 said:
astrospacecat said:
Spectre694 said:
Uninstall both the intel and Nvidia drivers. Then try installing the Intel drivers followed by the nvidia ones.


Dang, didn't work either.


Same errors or different? also can you still roll back at all?


Installing the Intel drivers worked fine, and I got the same errors for my Geforce. And sadly rollbacking isn't an option for me..




Maybe try poking through the bios and see if there is an option to enable/disable the secondary GPU?


I only found an option to set to switchable and integrated graphics card, I tried both options with none working.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
April 19, 2014 4:10:47 PM

astrospacecat said:
Spectre694 said:
astrospacecat said:
Spectre694 said:
astrospacecat said:
Spectre694 said:
Uninstall both the intel and Nvidia drivers. Then try installing the Intel drivers followed by the nvidia ones.


Dang, didn't work either.


Same errors or different? also can you still roll back at all?


Installing the Intel drivers worked fine, and I got the same errors for my Geforce. And sadly rollbacking isn't an option for me..




Maybe try poking through the bios and see if there is an option to enable/disable the secondary GPU?


I only found an option to set to switchable and integrated graphics card, I tried both options with none working.


I hate to say this but a reload might be in order or at least maybe try a restore point where it worked if you have one.
m
0
l
April 20, 2014 4:41:11 AM

Spectre694 said:
astrospacecat said:
Spectre694 said:
astrospacecat said:
Spectre694 said:
astrospacecat said:
Spectre694 said:
Uninstall both the intel and Nvidia drivers. Then try installing the Intel drivers followed by the nvidia ones.


Dang, didn't work either.


Same errors or different? also can you still roll back at all?


Installing the Intel drivers worked fine, and I got the same errors for my Geforce. And sadly rollbacking isn't an option for me..




Maybe try poking through the bios and see if there is an option to enable/disable the secondary GPU?


I only found an option to set to switchable and integrated graphics card, I tried both options with none working.


I hate to say this but a reload might be in order or at least maybe try a restore point where it worked if you have one.


Seems to be the only option! Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

I'll be formatting my laptop tomorrow, going to transfer my files now.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
April 20, 2014 5:55:56 AM

astrospacecat said:
Spectre694 said:
astrospacecat said:
Spectre694 said:
astrospacecat said:
Spectre694 said:
astrospacecat said:
Spectre694 said:
Uninstall both the intel and Nvidia drivers. Then try installing the Intel drivers followed by the nvidia ones.


Dang, didn't work either.


Same errors or different? also can you still roll back at all?


Installing the Intel drivers worked fine, and I got the same errors for my Geforce. And sadly rollbacking isn't an option for me..




Maybe try poking through the bios and see if there is an option to enable/disable the secondary GPU?


I only found an option to set to switchable and integrated graphics card, I tried both options with none working.


I hate to say this but a reload might be in order or at least maybe try a restore point where it worked if you have one.


Seems to be the only option! Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

I'll be formatting my laptop tomorrow, going to transfer my files now.


not a problem wish we could have helped more. Keep us updated after you reformat
m
0
l
April 24, 2014 12:38:32 PM

Spectre694 said:
astrospacecat said:
Spectre694 said:
astrospacecat said:
Spectre694 said:
astrospacecat said:
Spectre694 said:
astrospacecat said:
Spectre694 said:
Uninstall both the intel and Nvidia drivers. Then try installing the Intel drivers followed by the nvidia ones.


Dang, didn't work either.


Same errors or different? also can you still roll back at all?


Installing the Intel drivers worked fine, and I got the same errors for my Geforce. And sadly rollbacking isn't an option for me..




Maybe try poking through the bios and see if there is an option to enable/disable the secondary GPU?


I only found an option to set to switchable and integrated graphics card, I tried both options with none working.


I hate to say this but a reload might be in order or at least maybe try a restore point where it worked if you have one.


Seems to be the only option! Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

I'll be formatting my laptop tomorrow, going to transfer my files now.


not a problem wish we could have helped more. Keep us updated after you reformat


Alright! Took a while but happened. I formatted earlier today, all was fine, I could install my Nvidia driver, but it still wasn't running. I check device manager and got this error..: ''Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)''. What do I do now?
m
0
l
!