Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is internet connection a big factor when playing multiplayer?

Tags:
  • Internet Connection
  • Multiplayer
  • CPUs
  • FPS
  • Graphics
  • GPUs
  • Graphics Cards
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 19, 2014 10:54:05 PM

My fps in titanfall is 30-40 fps on ultra is this because of my internet connection or my gpu/cpu?

CPU:amd fx 6300
GPU:gtx 760

More about : internet connection big factor playing multiplayer

a c 376 à CPUs
a c 429 U Graphics card
April 19, 2014 11:00:43 PM

Internet is responsible for latency, so actual players lagging around etc.
FPS is determined by hardware, and in this case its really both of your pieces. I would upgrade the 6300 to a 8320 or better.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
April 19, 2014 11:21:50 PM

allhandsofsorrow said:
Ahmadjon said:
allhandsofsorrow said:
My fps in titanfall is 30-40 fps on ultra is this because of my internet connection or my gpu/cpu?

CPU:amd fx 6300
GPU:gtx 760


What internet speed do you have?
If you have more than 10mbp/s and 1~10ms ping then you're OK with internet :) 



You should be fine in that regard.
I get pefectly solid FPS at 4Mbps.

Ping is really what matters in Multi-player though, and 11ms is very good.

m
0
l
Related resources
a c 182 à CPUs
a c 190 U Graphics card
April 19, 2014 11:02:03 PM

allhandsofsorrow said:
My fps in titanfall is 30-40 fps on ultra is this because of my internet connection or my gpu/cpu?

CPU:amd fx 6300
GPU:gtx 760


What internet speed do you have?
If you have more than 10mbp/s and 1~10ms ping then you're OK with internet :) 
m
0
l
April 19, 2014 11:16:04 PM

Ahmadjon said:
allhandsofsorrow said:
My fps in titanfall is 30-40 fps on ultra is this because of my internet connection or my gpu/cpu?

CPU:amd fx 6300
GPU:gtx 760


What internet speed do you have?
If you have more than 10mbp/s and 1~10ms ping then you're OK with internet :) 


m
0
l
a c 182 à CPUs
a c 190 U Graphics card
April 19, 2014 11:24:08 PM

allhandsofsorrow said:
Ahmadjon said:
allhandsofsorrow said:
My fps in titanfall is 30-40 fps on ultra is this because of my internet connection or my gpu/cpu?

CPU:amd fx 6300
GPU:gtx 760


What internet speed do you have?
If you have more than 10mbp/s and 1~10ms ping then you're OK with internet :) 




Generally 5mbp/s is more than enough for online games :) 
You have good internet connection for online games :) 
m
0
l
April 19, 2014 11:31:27 PM

Gam3r01 said:
Internet is responsible for latency, so actual players lagging around etc.
FPS is determined by hardware, and in this case its really both of your pieces. I would upgrade the 6300 to a 8320 or better.


Ahmadjon said:
allhandsofsorrow said:
Ahmadjon said:
allhandsofsorrow said:
My fps in titanfall is 30-40 fps on ultra is this because of my internet connection or my gpu/cpu?

CPU:amd fx 6300
GPU:gtx 760


What internet speed do you have?
If you have more than 10mbp/s and 1~10ms ping then you're OK with internet :) 




Generally 5mbp/s is more than enough for online games :) 
You have good internet connection for online games :) 


If I got a Intel Core i5-4670K how much better fps will i get?

m
0
l
a c 182 à CPUs
a c 190 U Graphics card
April 19, 2014 11:46:02 PM

Honestly I don't know how many FPS you'll get in titanfall with i5-4670(k) but you'll have significant performance boost in other games :) 
m
0
l
April 19, 2014 11:58:45 PM

Ahmadjon said:
Honestly I don't know how many FPS you'll get in titanfall with i5-4670(k) but you'll have significant performance boost in other games :) 


What do you get you also have a gtx 760
m
0
l
a c 182 à CPUs
a c 190 U Graphics card
April 20, 2014 12:03:37 AM

allhandsofsorrow said:
Ahmadjon said:
Honestly I don't know how many FPS you'll get in titanfall with i5-4670(k) but you'll have significant performance boost in other games :) 


What do you get you also have a gtx 760


I didn't play titanfall yet but I play Cysis 3 on max setting with 4xMSAA and get 40~45FPS, on BF4 I get 55~75FPS on max settings, on Metro: Last Light I get 60~70FPS on max settings (with disabled SSAA) 60~80FPS and last on Far Cry 3 I get 50~60FPS on ultra (All maxed out) :) 

Edit: I have 23inch 1080p monitor :) 
m
0
l
April 20, 2014 12:07:26 AM

Ahmadjon said:
allhandsofsorrow said:
Ahmadjon said:
Honestly I don't know how many FPS you'll get in titanfall with i5-4670(k) but you'll have significant performance boost in other games :) 


What do you get you also have a gtx 760


I didn't play titanfall yet but I play Cysis 3 on max setting with 4xMSAA and get 40~45FPS, on BF4 I get 55~75FPS on max settings, on Metro: Last Light I get 60~70FPS on max settings (with disabled SSAA) 60~80FPS and last on Far Cry 3 I get 50~60FPS on ultra (All maxed out) :) 


Do yo think the fps seems normal on this setup?

Edit: I have 23inch 1080p monitor :) 


m
0
l

Best solution

a c 182 à CPUs
a c 190 U Graphics card
April 20, 2014 12:10:14 AM

allhandsofsorrow said:
Ahmadjon said:
allhandsofsorrow said:
Ahmadjon said:
Honestly I don't know how many FPS you'll get in titanfall with i5-4670(k) but you'll have significant performance boost in other games :) 


What do you get you also have a gtx 760


I didn't play titanfall yet but I play Cysis 3 on max setting with 4xMSAA and get 40~45FPS, on BF4 I get 55~75FPS on max settings, on Metro: Last Light I get 60~70FPS on max settings (with disabled SSAA) 60~80FPS and last on Far Cry 3 I get 50~60FPS on ultra (All maxed out) :) 


Do yo think the fps seems normal on this setup?

Edit: I have 23inch 1080p monitor :) 




I don't like only CPU other things looks good. Wait until end of this year and see what happens with gaming industry, it's too early to upgrade (IMO)
Share
!