Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

USB drivers not working (Mouse & Keyboard not working) Win 7 64bit

Tags:
  • USB
  • Keyboards
  • Drivers
  • AMD
  • Diver fail
  • Components
  • Mice
Last response: in Components
Share
April 20, 2014 9:32:35 AM

I used the AMD clean uninstall utility before I was going to try installing CCC 14.3. I guess it uninstalled my usb drivers because my mouse and keyboard no longer function. The keyboard works in the bios but when windows boot s there's nothing, not even safe mode. Can't sign in to update drivers .

I've tried PS/2 to usb adapter, didn't work.
How does one fix this?

More about : usb drivers working mouse keyboard working win 64bit

April 20, 2014 10:00:00 AM

Wait, you said "I guess it uninstalled my usb drivers because my mouse and keyboard no longer function". Yet you also say "I've tried PS/2 to usb adapter, didn't work." So is your mouse and keyboard natively USB or PS/2?

Two things I would reccomend:

1) Try using sfc /scannow in command prompt by booting up either via a windows recovery disk or startup repair: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/139810-sfc-scannow...

2) Use the regback feature built into windows 7: http://captaindbg.com/how-to-restore-registry-hives-on-...
m
0
l

Best solution

April 20, 2014 10:15:47 AM

To clarify that, try doing 1) first, and if that doesn't work, try 2).
Share
Related resources
April 20, 2014 2:19:23 PM

Both my keyboard and my mouse are native usb.
m
0
l
April 20, 2014 7:44:07 PM

1) worked!

YOU ARE MY SAVIOR
m
0
l
August 3, 2014 12:27:30 PM

cpatel1987 said:
To clarify that, try doing 1) first, and if that doesn't work, try 2).


I am having the same problem with all my USB ports but I can't even try this fix because as soon as Windows 7 comes up my keyboard and mouse go off.
m
0
l
August 28, 2014 9:05:14 PM

hunterrl said:
cpatel1987 said:
To clarify that, try doing 1) first, and if that doesn't work, try 2).


I am having the same problem with all my USB ports but I can't even try this fix because as soon as Windows 7 comes up my keyboard and mouse go off.


Unfortunately I don't know what to do... maybe something in the bios? Idunno. Hopefully someone else responds.
m
0
l
September 1, 2014 7:30:51 AM

Coltor said:
hunterrl said:
cpatel1987 said:
To clarify that, try doing 1) first, and if that doesn't work, try 2).


I am having the same problem with all my USB ports but I can't even try this fix because as soon as Windows 7 comes up my keyboard and mouse go off.


Unfortunately I don't know what to do... maybe something in the bios? Idunno. Hopefully someone else responds.


You need to boot from a windows recovery disk, as instructed in the link. It may not work by hitting f8 and selecting repair my computer.
m
0
l
!