4 way r9 290 tri-x need a motherboard

mrbig3d

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
hi

i want to setup 4 way r9 290 tri-x in Crossfire

i have the cards but i coudlnt find a motherboard with enough gap and space without the fans hit the other card next to it because the card width is 38-41mm ,

with reference cards there is no problem they fit together just fine but the noise is insane

does anybody know a good motherboard for intel cpu 4930k x79 (i have zalman zm1250w psu) with enough space to setup the system i want ?

thank you

Solution
Hi Mrbig3d ,
perhaps this ,
Asrock x79 fatal1ty champion i have one for single slot spacings with 3way sli , not sure bout 4way weather you will find a board with single slot gap for 4way
Fatal1ty%20X79%20Champion%28m%29.jpg
Your in luck! Look in the bottom right of my post and see my motherboard and specs, you'll Find it does everything you need for an excellent price.

1250W PSU is not enough for 4 R9 290's with 4930k, you'll need about 1500W, as the R9 290 Has been proven to get to 300W TDP.

As for the motherboard itself;

I have a X79 system and I have no regret in suggesting this;

Gigabyte X79-UP4
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4288#ov

The X79-UP4 has;

-10 USB ports at the rear, 2 are USB 3.0

-Quad SLI/Crossfire support, with SLI/Crossfire running in X8/X8 configuration, best it can be. Quad fire runs in X8/X8/X4/X4 Configuration.

-SLI bridge/triple SLI bridge/Quad SLI bridge/Crossfire bridge cables included

-8 Ram slots

-great 3D BIOS

-Don't have to mess around with BIOS to get your CPU working, unlike the Asus or other brands. Easy put in and it'll work sorta thing, instead of put in then flash BIOS which is a pain and a waste of time.

-Sturdy motherboard, has proven as it's holding some heavy weight (CPU cooler (massive)) and soon to be two long GPU's.

-Great OC capabilities

-Stays quite cool

-PCI-E Slots spaced out appropriately for great upgrade flexibility (GPU's can be in slots 1/3 or 2/4 or 1/4 if you want them spaced out.)

-Supports High ram speeds

-Colour scheme, may seem a little weird but it actually looks pretty good.

For the price, I can't justify why not to get it.

oops, yes It is X16/X16/X8/X8.

mrbig3d

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
THANK YOU ALL I GOT THE ANSWER

i will do 3 way crossfire in the end with the asrock camp like mickeypheonix said i couldnt find one with enough space for 4 even with asus 79 ws (only blue slot with x16)