Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Surround mode with 4k with titan black sli and physics?

Tags:
  • Graphics
  • Titan
  • SLI
  • Physx
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 21, 2014 10:18:51 AM

Im putting together a new rig and I want to run 5760x1080 now and 11520x2160 in the near future. I was thinking 3x sli titan black and a 780 ti for a physx. Ive noticed that usually the 4th card in sli makes little if any difference in frame rates but I have seen benchmarks with the original titan showing using a physx did boost fps noticeably. Will this setup work for or should I just get a single titan black and when the nvidia 800 series comes out buy 3 of their top end cards and use the titan black as my physx?

More about : surround mode titan black sli physics

April 21, 2014 10:31:18 AM

goldman919 said:
Im putting together a new rig and I want to run 5760x1080 now and 11520x2160 in the near future. I was thinking 3x sli titan black and a 780 ti for a physx. Ive noticed that usually the 4th card in sli makes little if any difference in frame rates but I have seen benchmarks with the original titan showing using a physx did boost fps noticeably. Will this setup work for or should I just get a single titan black and when the nvidia 800 series comes out buy 3 of their top end cards and use the titan black as my physx?


I think 3 TITAN Blacks should do nicely with 4K surround, but a 780Ti is a bit excessive for a dedicated PhysX card.
m
0
l
April 22, 2014 11:05:33 AM

Well do you think a 770 would be ok. I want to stick with the 384 bit. Also im a little worried about getting bottlenecked I plan to use the new x99 and 8 core haswell-e coming out this year but if I have to wait too long I my just get a i7 4960x
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

April 22, 2014 11:13:52 AM

goldman919 said:
Well do you think a 770 would be ok. I want to stick with the 384 bit. Also im a little worried about getting bottlenecked I plan to use the new x99 and 8 core haswell-e coming out this year but if I have to wait too long I my just get a i7 4960x


Yes, the GTX 770 is enough for PhysX. The new CPUs will be powerful, but the i7 4960X will not cause a bottleneck anywhere in the foreseeable future.
Share
April 22, 2014 11:30:47 AM

The Titans would work for a single 4K monitor, but they don't stand a chance running 4K surround.

A 3-way SLI Titan Black setup will net around 38-40 fps MAX on demanding games like Crysis for only a single 4K monitor. I'm not even sure if surround 4K is even possible currently on demanding games (unless settings are turned down).
m
0
l
April 22, 2014 11:47:53 AM

Kekoh said:
The Titans would work for a single 4K monitor, but they don't stand a chance running 4K surround.

A 3-way SLI Titan Black setup will net around 38-40 fps MAX on demanding games like Crysis for only a single 4K monitor. I'm not even sure if surround 4K is even possible currently on demanding games (unless settings are turned down).


I Googled 4K Surround, this was done with 3 normal TITANs, TITAN Blacks should do even better: http://www.eteknix.com/nvidia-shows-4k-surround-gaming-...
m
0
l
April 22, 2014 1:18:38 PM

Eduello said:
Kekoh said:
The Titans would work for a single 4K monitor, but they don't stand a chance running 4K surround.

A 3-way SLI Titan Black setup will net around 38-40 fps MAX on demanding games like Crysis for only a single 4K monitor. I'm not even sure if surround 4K is even possible currently on demanding games (unless settings are turned down).


I Googled 4K Surround, this was done with 3 normal TITANs, TITAN Blacks should do even better: http://www.eteknix.com/nvidia-shows-4k-surround-gaming-...


Near the end of the article it says:
link said:
Gameplay may have been relatively smooth, but even triple Titans were being stretched to their limit and some graphics settings were wound down from maximum to keep FPS at a good pace.


So that's with stuff turned down, plus their definition of "relatively smooth" which is probably 25-30fps, and I'm sure it dips even lower is some spots.

I saw a video earlier of a single 4K monitor playing Crysis 3 with 3x SLI Titan Blacks. It was capped at 30fps, and during scenes with a lot of stuff going on the fps would drop down to 20-24 fps. That's with a single 4K monitor.

I guess it all comes down to preference for you what what type of performance you want out of this build. Personally, I think it's a little too early to jump on the 4K wagon because there just isn't enough GPU power to keep up. What's the point of playing on 4K if you have to deal with low frame rates and reducing graphic settings?
m
0
l
April 22, 2014 2:26:02 PM

Kekoh said:
Eduello said:
Kekoh said:
The Titans would work for a single 4K monitor, but they don't stand a chance running 4K surround.

A 3-way SLI Titan Black setup will net around 38-40 fps MAX on demanding games like Crysis for only a single 4K monitor. I'm not even sure if surround 4K is even possible currently on demanding games (unless settings are turned down).


I Googled 4K Surround, this was done with 3 normal TITANs, TITAN Blacks should do even better: http://www.eteknix.com/nvidia-shows-4k-surround-gaming-...


Near the end of the article it says:
link said:
Gameplay may have been relatively smooth, but even triple Titans were being stretched to their limit and some graphics settings were wound down from maximum to keep FPS at a good pace.


So that's with stuff turned down, plus their definition of "relatively smooth" which is probably 25-30fps, and I'm sure it dips even lower is some spots.

I saw a video earlier of a single 4K monitor playing Crysis 3 with 3x SLI Titan Blacks. It was capped at 30fps, and during scenes with a lot of stuff going on the fps would drop down to 20-24 fps. That's with a single 4K monitor.

I guess it all comes down to preference for you what what type of performance you want out of this build. Personally, I think it's a little too early to jump on the 4K wagon because there just isn't enough GPU power to keep up. What's the point of playing on 4K if you have to deal with low frame rates and reducing graphic settings?


hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1815021
this is 4xsli titan black but most benchmarking tests show little to no improvement with the 4th card but significant improvement with a physx while using sli so i believe running 3xsli titan black sc and a high end 384 bit gpu in physx should be better than the above link which had pretty good fps. I've also read reviews from single monitor 4k gaming saying that maxing out AA is pretty useless as you cant tell a noticeable difference so as long as i can run games at above average settings i dee it worth it.
m
0
l
!