$2000 (CAD) M-ITX or M-ATX Build

Apr 15, 2012
Hey guys,

I'm looking to begin my second custom build, with a significantly larger budget this time around. Im pursuing a degree in Computing science, and am getting into video editing and animation, so I need a beastly rig. My current desktop is rather large (Corsair 500R), and to be honest, I find it extremely cumbersome. Id like to have an actual desktop, that can sit beside my monitor, as a sort of showpiece, so im leaning towards an m-itx or m-atx build.

Approximate Purchase Date: Within a couple weeks

Budget Range: ~$2000 +/- $100, preferably shipped, though im willing to cough up more.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, programming, animation, video editing, web surfing

Are you buying a monitor: No

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: ncix.com, as they are the closest and located in Canada.

Location: City, State/Region, Country - Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Parts Preferences: Intel Cpu

Overclocking: Yes!

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe, but not in a m-itx :)

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 (this will be upgraded shortly after, likely to 1440p, or even a triple monitor solution).

Additional Comments: A nice window would be preferred, and a consistent color scheme would be nice to go along with it. I'd like this to be a showpiece! :)

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Size!

Thanks for the help guys! I appreciate it!

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
Thanks:) If you find a particular case around called the CORSAIR 250D make sure to have a look at it. It's a super compact cabinet! Also if you could squeeze a tiny bit more money may I suggest get a HX series PSU from corsair? The reason: the RM series have rather cheap capacitors, so if you will be doing a lot of OCing then....