Solved

What are the fastest processors

I am interested in knowing the most powerful processors currently available for laptop or desktop computers.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about fastest processors
  1. Best answer
    The 4th generation i7s are the fastest laptop processors. Like the i7 4910mq.

    The i7 4770k is the fastest cpu on the market in single core performance.

    There are 12-15 core Xeons that would truly be the fastest overall cpus.
  2. CTurbo said:
    The 4th generation i7s are the fastest laptop processors. Like the i7 4910mq.

    The i7 4770k is the fastest cpu on the market in single core performance.

    There are 12-15 core Xeons that would truly be the fastest overall cpus.


    there are also the 6 and 8 core intel chips, while expensive, are not totally unheard of in the consumer market. for single core yes, the xeons like mentioned above (and trust me theyre priced accordingly)
  3. Here it is, I couldn't remember the model number. This is the single fastest cpu on the market.

    http://ark.intel.com/products/79209/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E7-8895-v2-37_5M-Cache-2_80-GHz
  4. CTurbo said:
    Here it is, I couldn't remember the model number. This is the single fastest cpu on the market.

    http://ark.intel.com/products/79209/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E7-8895-v2-37_5M-Cache-2_80-GHz


    30 threads holy hell. What are these even good for? render farms?
  5. Beezy said:
    CTurbo said:
    Here it is, I couldn't remember the model number. This is the single fastest cpu on the market.

    http://ark.intel.com/products/79209/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E7-8895-v2-37_5M-Cache-2_80-GHz


    30 threads holy hell. What are these even good for? render farms?

    When you want to run 100 different games of My Little Pony.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Desktops Processors Computers CPUs