Solved

Upgrading CPU and MB, need help clarification

I have a few questions. I will be buying an i5 4670k and a Z87-G41 PC Mate Socket LGA 1150 ATX Intel Motherboard to go with it.
Question 1 - Will a 600w power supply be enough for that CPU?
2 - Will an r9 270x work well with them?
3 - Will Overclocking be needed for raiding 25mans in WoW?
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrading cpu clarification
  1. 600w will work, a r9 270x is like a re -badged 7770, i believe and i was able to run 25 man at high with 40 fps so it should work without over clocking. Good luck OP and game on (:
  2. Quality good 500W PSU should do just fine with with your build but with i5-4670k I would get better motherboard
  3. Will my fps be a lot smoother with the i5 compared to a FX 6300?
  4. 600W is plenty, depending on the power supply itself. The more Amps per rail, the better. R9 270X will work just fine with them. That processor can easily be overclocked beyond 4GHz, so it's up to you. The increase in performance you'll get from overclocking probably isn't going to "get you over the hump" if you're having trouble in 25 man raids. There is an increase, but is it that significant to show marked improvement? Kinda depends.

    You're going to Microcenter, aren't you? :)
  5. Will my fps be a lot smoother with the i5 compared to a FX 6300?
  6. The R7 250 is the old 7770.
  7. Way smoother with the i5 than the fx6300 especially in wow
  8. Best answer
    renny criswell said:
    Will my fps be a lot smoother with the i5 compared to a FX 6300?


    Yes 6300 is not so good CPU for gaming :)
  9. Yes I am going to Mirco lol
  10. renny criswell said:
    Yes I am going to Mirco lol


    They should have i5-4670k and ASRock Z87 Extreme4 bundle :)
  11. That woould be the bundle I am getting and okay good, I notice so much choppyness with this CPU. LAST question, will replacing my MB mean I need to rebuy windows?
  12. renny criswell said:
    That woould be the bundle I am getting and okay good, I notice so much choppyness with this CPU. LAST question, will replacing my MB mean I need to rebuy windows?


    If you have OEM than yes you have to buy new copy of Windows.
  13. I was able to replace my motherboard without buying Windows again, but it did invalidate my Microsoft Office 2007. Windows did prompt me to verify my license again, so I would advise that you replace just the motherboard first, and keep all other components the same, verify your license, and then replace any other parts that you may want to.
  14. JobCreator said:
    The R7 250X is the old 7770.


    Fixed!
  15. Ahmadjon said:
    renny criswell said:
    That woould be the bundle I am getting and okay good, I notice so much choppyness with this CPU. LAST question, will replacing my MB mean I need to rebuy windows?


    If you have OEM than yes you have to buy new copy of Windows.


    I do not have oem
  16. renny criswell said:
    I have a few questions. I will be buying an i5 4670k and a Z87-G41 PC Mate Socket LGA 1150 ATX Intel Motherboard to go with it.
    Question 1 - Will a 600w power supply be enough for that CPU?
    2 - Will an r9 270x work well with them?
    3 - Will Overclocking be needed for raiding 25mans in WoW?


    1) yes, as long as it is a quality one
    2) It is a bit faster than an HD 7870, so yes it will
    3) Not necessary, but might help some as WoW tends to be pretty CPU dependent.

    Since it appears you are going to Microcenter, I would go with the Z87 extreme4 bundle, it is a better board. Make sure you get a decent aftermarket cooler as well.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Intel i5 CPUs Motherboards World Of Warcraft