Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Looking for expert comments

Tags:
  • SATA
  • Configuration
  • Systems
  • VIA
Last response: in Systems
Share
April 23, 2014 10:06:32 AM

My 3HDD are connected via single sata rail as space among them is little short than the space among the sata power ports so the rail is little BENDED like an "S".
Is there any problem with this configuration?or should I use extra molex to connect them?
[/URL][/img]
[/URL][/img]

More about : expert comments

April 23, 2014 10:10:53 AM

No problem, I bent my sata way more than that and a couple a times one one cable. As long the cable isn't broken or snapped it will be fine.
m
0
l

Best solution

April 23, 2014 10:19:55 AM

As long as the cable is not putting enough pressure to bend the connctor you are completely fine.

The cable in the power cable is stranded and can take the bending.
Solid core (single thick wire) cables like coax and in-wall/riser etherent (the kind in a box without ends) are solid core and should not have tight bends
Share
Related resources
April 23, 2014 12:38:46 PM

You should be just fine with that setup as long as the cables are not popping off of the connectors there will not be any problems. And as said above there is no undo pressure on the HDD connectors.
m
0
l
April 24, 2014 12:36:12 AM

Suztera said:
No problem, I bent my sata way more than that and a couple a times one one cable. As long the cable isn't broken or snapped it will be fine.


Thanks Suztera for your comment
m
0
l
April 24, 2014 12:36:47 AM

bryonhowley said:
You should be just fine with that setup as long as the cables are not popping off of the connectors there will not be any problems. And as said above there is no undo pressure on the HDD connectors.

Thank you bryonhowley
m
0
l
April 24, 2014 12:37:12 AM

boosted1g said:
As long as the cable is not putting enough pressure to bend the connctor you are completely fine.

The cable in the power cable is stranded and can take the bending.
Solid core (single thick wire) cables like coax and in-wall/riser etherent (the kind in a box without ends) are solid core and should not have tight bends


Thank you boosted1g
m
0
l
April 24, 2014 1:41:19 AM

Yes it is fine.
m
0
l
!