Replacing my system from a few years ago. Budget is about 2k and since I dont trust myself to try and build am going with one of the big box companies with a decent configurator......
Been tyring to do research and match that to what I can find from compainies online. Price pt is under 2k; Dont need a monitor. System will be used 95% for playing WOW and the rest for standard browsing, document creation, and light work (meaning lesson planning, PPT.s using google earth, some limited coaching stuff). Here is what I kinda decided on unless I can get some good feedback saying anything is a bad idea
• CAS: CFI Boreallight w/ USB 3.0, EZ Swap HDD, 2x 120mm & 1x 140mm fans, Side Panel Window
• CD: LG 12X Internal Blu-ray Drive & DVDRW, 3D Playback Combo Drive (BLACK COLOR)
• COOLANT: Standard Coolant
• CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 (All Venom OC Certified)
• CS_FAN: Maximum Corsair AIR Series AF120 Performance Edition 120MM High Airflow Case Fan (Maximum Mix ENERMAX TB SILENCE 140mm+120mm Performance cooling with a low-noise profile Fans)
• FAN: CYBERPOWERPC Xtreme Hydro 240mm Liquid Cooling w/ XSPC 750, RS240, Extreme Performance + Low Noise at 18dBA
• HDD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 540MB/s Read & 520MB/s Write (Single Drive)
• MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1866MHz Dual Channel Memory (G.SKILL Ripjaws X
• MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z87 Pro4 ATX w/ XFast Technology, GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16 (1 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 2 PCIe x1, 2 PCI
• NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
• OS: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
• OVERCLOCK: Extreme OC (Extreme Overclock 20% or more)
• POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - Corsair RM850 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Fully Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply
• SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
• TEMP: NZXT Sentry-2 Fan Touch Screen Fan Control & Temperature Display
• TUNING: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel
• VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (EVGA ACX Cooling Edition Powered by NVIDIA)
I wanted a different cooler and the HX psu but this is the best they had (or so I thought).
Cost comes in about 1800 with a couple of vanity bells and whisltes thrown in....OC will occur at the factor and insurance on it was bought. Happy to look at any thoughts anyone might have; thanks in advance.
Yeah get rid of the 4gb GTX 7770. 4gb in a graphics card is only useful with multi monitor setups (3+) or if you are going to SLI. Get a 780 3gb instead. Also, with the return of the start menu in an upcoming update and other added features, I would upgrade to Windows 8.