Solved

Second Joystick on Gamepad acts as if the controller is on its side??

Hi, as the title says, my right joystick is acting as if it is rotated. So if i move it up, it will move right. If i move it down, it will look left. Left will then look up instead.
This is so frustrating, as it is not only affecting games, but it also moves my Cursor too on Windows!
I am using a program called Pinnacle because Black Ops does not work without it. This program makes the controller work, but the right joystick is wrong. How can i fix this?
I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
Thanks in advance
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about joystick gamepad acts controller side
  1. What gamepad are we talking about?
  2. Eduello said:
    What gamepad are we talking about?


    It's just a USB controller (looks like an Xbox 360 controller) Thanks for the quick response, appreciate it!
  3. here is the answer:
    1.unplug your Gamepad
    2.open regedit>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\(your gamepad OEM)
    3.right click on your "gamepad OEM"- folder, create a new key called "Axes"
    4.right click on the "Axes" folder, create a key called "2"
    5.inside "2" right click and create a binary value named "Attributes", set it to " 00 00 00 00 01 00 35 00 "
    6.after that create in "Axes" a second key: "5", create a binary value called "Attributes", set it to " 00 00 00 00 01 00 32 00 "


    Source: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/122104-13-right-analog-stick-problem

    Also try only doing step five or step six instead of both. If it won't work, download a program called MotioninJoy and see if it can make the PC think your controller is a genuine XBOX 360 controller.
  4. Eduello said:
    here is the answer:
    1.unplug your Gamepad
    2.open regedit>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\(your gamepad OEM)
    3.right click on your "gamepad OEM"- folder, create a new key called "Axes"
    4.right click on the "Axes" folder, create a key called "2"
    5.inside "2" right click and create a binary value named "Attributes", set it to " 00 00 00 00 01 00 35 00 "
    6.after that create in "Axes" a second key: "5", create a binary value called "Attributes", set it to " 00 00 00 00 01 00 32 00 "


    Source: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/122104-13-right-analog-stick-problem

    Also try only doing step five or step six instead of both. If it won't work, download a program called MotioninJoy and see if it can make the PC think your controller is a genuine XBOX 360 controller.


    Thanks for the post. However i am going to send it back for a refund, it came in appalling quality, thrown into a plastic "sandwich" bag. What was worse, the disc was incredibly scratched from just being thrown into the bag! This was listed as "NEW"!
    Apart from this, I heard that the Official Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows works with Black Ops, without any extra software. Do you know if this is true?
  5. Best answer
    Madmikegamerxl1 said:
    Eduello said:
    here is the answer:
    1.unplug your Gamepad
    2.open regedit>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\(your gamepad OEM)
    3.right click on your "gamepad OEM"- folder, create a new key called "Axes"
    4.right click on the "Axes" folder, create a key called "2"
    5.inside "2" right click and create a binary value named "Attributes", set it to " 00 00 00 00 01 00 35 00 "
    6.after that create in "Axes" a second key: "5", create a binary value called "Attributes", set it to " 00 00 00 00 01 00 32 00 "


    Source: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/122104-13-right-analog-stick-problem

    Also try only doing step five or step six instead of both. If it won't work, download a program called MotioninJoy and see if it can make the PC think your controller is a genuine XBOX 360 controller.


    Thanks for the post. However i am going to send it back for a refund, it came in appalling quality, thrown into a plastic "sandwich" bag. What was worse, the disc was incredibly scratched from just being thrown into the bag! This was listed as "NEW"!
    Apart from this, I heard that the Official Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows works with Black Ops, without any extra software. Do you know if this is true?


    Yes, you can just plug the XBOX 360 controller to your PC and it should work with no problems whatsoever. I personally don't have a wired XBOX controller (or a wireless receiver for it) so I just use a PS3 controller with MotioninJoy (it makes the PC think the PS3 controller is an XBOX 360 controller).
  6. Eduello said:
    Madmikegamerxl1 said:
    Eduello said:
    here is the answer:
    1.unplug your Gamepad
    2.open regedit>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\(your gamepad OEM)
    3.right click on your "gamepad OEM"- folder, create a new key called "Axes"
    4.right click on the "Axes" folder, create a key called "2"
    5.inside "2" right click and create a binary value named "Attributes", set it to " 00 00 00 00 01 00 35 00 "
    6.after that create in "Axes" a second key: "5", create a binary value called "Attributes", set it to " 00 00 00 00 01 00 32 00 "


    Source: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/122104-13-right-analog-stick-problem

    Also try only doing step five or step six instead of both. If it won't work, download a program called MotioninJoy and see if it can make the PC think your controller is a genuine XBOX 360 controller.


    Thanks for the post. However i am going to send it back for a refund, it came in appalling quality, thrown into a plastic "sandwich" bag. What was worse, the disc was incredibly scratched from just being thrown into the bag! This was listed as "NEW"!
    Apart from this, I heard that the Official Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows works with Black Ops, without any extra software. Do you know if this is true?



    Yes, you can just plug the XBOX 360 controller to your PC and it should work with no problems whatsoever. I personally don't have a wired XBOX controller (or a wireless receiver for it) so I just use a PS3 controller with MotioninJoy (it makes the PC think the PS3 controller is an XBOX 360 controller).


    Thanks. After a bit of figuring out, and my brother has a wireless receiver, so I tried using his (works perfectly!) but came to the conclusion that mouse and keyboard is the best 'controller' you could buy. The camera in FPS games just feels more controlled and responsive than with a controller. But that's just a personal preference really.
    Thanks for the help :)
  7. No problem :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Gamepad Video Games Cursor Controller Call of Duty Joystick