Solved

Battlefield 4 budjet gaming rig

hey guys..im from asia and just want to know..my budjet battlefield 4 gaming rig..

-amd fx 6350 black edition..(or FX 8350)
-ASRock 970 Extreme3 AM3+ Motherboard.
-8gb kingston hyperx fury 1866mhz(single channel).
-Ati radeon hd 5870 crossfireX with Ati radeon HD 6850. (both of them 1gb 256 bit).
-1tb hard disk.
-aerocool 750wt psu.

I was not planing to upgrading these for a couple years for gaming..(only for gaming)..u know everything is expensive in here..i hope this will not bootlenecking system..help...
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about battlefield budjet gaming rig
  1. Can you do a crossfireX between a 5870 and 6850..? because i am 99.9999999% sure you can't.
  2. Best answer
    Ok three things,
    1- the FX-6300 is just as good as the FX-6350 only slower clock speed but it's unlocked so a quick change of the multiplier will fix that in 15 seconds flat, i'd go with the FX-6300 unless the 6350 is the same price

    2- You cannot crossfire a 5870 with a 6850, the first two digits has to be the same, so you could crosffire the 5870 with a 5850 or another 5870
    and you could crossfire the 6850 with a 6870 or another 6850...

    3- if possible you should purchase your memory in a 2x 4GB configuration this will allow better performance in dual-channel mode...

    Anyway if you don't have the GPU purchased yet you are much better off with only one more powerfull GPU like a r9 270X for example, the HD5xxx and HD6xxx series where suffering of major stuttering and reliability problem under crossfire operation so it really won't work that well...
  3. Snipergod87 said:
    Can you do a crossfireX between a 5870 and 6850..? because i am 99.9999999% sure you can't.


    thank bro..
  4. paitjsu sadff said:
    Ok three things,
    1- the FX-6300 is just as good as the FX-6350 only slower clock speed but it's unlocked so a quick change of the multiplier will fix that in 15 seconds flat, i'd go with the FX-6300 unless the 6350 is the same price

    2- You cannot crossfire a 5870 with a 6850, the first two digits has to be the same, so you could crosffire the 5870 with a 5850 or another 5870
    and you could crossfire the 6850 with a 6870 or another 6850...

    3- if possible you should purchase your memory in a 2x 4GB configuration this will allow better performance in dual-channel mode...

    Anyway if you don't have the GPU purchased yet you are much better off with only one more powerfull GPU like a r9 270X for example, the HD5xxx and HD6xxx series where suffering of major stuttering and reliability problem under crossfire operation so it really won't work that well...


    thank you bro..that really help..im not purchased 5870 yet..just planing to buy..and im just thinking r9 series..btw just running the single channel ram for one month..next month will get the new one with the same ram..how about that??
  5. that's perfectly fine to use single channel it's not that much of a performance hit either it's just if it was to be your final configuration 2x 4gb would be better...and for your GPU really...aim for the best GPU you can afford instead of two old slower card, especially for AMD side crossfire is really unoptimised on so many games and it really does not work that good overall you will be very disapointed...also not going with 2 graphics card would allow you to choose a more reasonable PSU (500 or 600w for example) if you may want to...that should save some more money and allow for a better GPU, also the 970 motherboard chipset won't allow for 2x pcie X16 slots, the 2nd PCIEx slot is only running at a 4x speed and this is not good for crossfire, if you want to go crossfire you need a 990FX chipset motherboard wich are much more costly...
  6. paitjsu sadff said:
    that's perfectly fine to use single channel it's not that much of a performance hit either it's just if it was to be your final configuration 2x 4gb would be better...and for your GPU really...aim for the best GPU you can afford instead of two old slower card, especially for AMD side crossfire is really unoptimised on so many games and it really does not work that good overall you will be very disapointed...also not going with 2 graphics card would allow you to choose a more reasonable PSU (500 or 600w for example) if you may want to...that should save some more money and allow for a better GPU, also the 970 motherboard chipset won't allow for 2x pcie X16 slots, the 2nd PCIEx slot is only running at a 4x speed and this is not good for crossfire, if you want to go crossfire you need a 990FX chipset motherboard wich are much more costly...


    now i understand..one last question..2 x 4gb ram/amd 990fx chipset board /ati radeon 6850 256bit crossfirex..(2 gpu).or should i go with 2 x 4gb ram/amd 970 chipset board/Sapphire AMD vapor-X R9 270x 2gbgdddr5 OC....??so stress..i had buy battfield 4 couple a weeks ago..but still cant play with older pc....
  7. 2 x 4gb ram/amd 970 chipset board/Sapphire AMD vapor-X R9 270x
    Much better, do you need recommandations for a good 970 motherboard for your CPU?

    The r9 270x should play all games at 1080p with great settings and smooth framerates for the next year and a half easily, you will probably upgrade that GPU at least once down the road in maybe 2 years, you will sell the r9 270x and get another more powerful gpu...it's much better that way than going with crossfire of less powerfull cards, trust me i went down that road and CFX is more a headhache than anything else really...
  8. paitjsu sadff said:
    2 x 4gb ram/amd 970 chipset board/Sapphire AMD vapor-X R9 270x
    Much better, do you need recommandations for a good 970 motherboard for your CPU?


    yup...its will be nice..
  9. Ok good quality 970 chipset AM3+ motherboards are :

    Gigabyte 970A-UD3P and 970A-UD3

    ASUS M5A97 r2.0 and ASUS M5A97 r2.0 EVO

    If you plan to upgrade to FX 8 core down the road make sure you select either :

    Gigabyte 970A-UD3P
    or
    ASUS M5A97 r2.0 EVO ( The EVO is important)
  10. paitjsu sadff said:
    Ok good quality 970 chipset AM3+ motherboards are :

    Gigabyte 970A-UD3P and 970A-UD3

    ASUS M5A97 r2.0 and ASUS M5A97 r2.0 EVO

    If you plan to upgrade to FX 8 core down the road make sure you select either :

    Gigabyte 970A-UD3P
    or
    ASUS M5A97 r2.0 EVO ( The EVO is important)




    thankz bro for the help.. ill go with gigabyte 970A-UD3..2 x 4gb ram and AMD vapor-X R9 270x..need to saving more...u know your 100 dollar cost me 300$ in my country.....and that 300$..i can eat for 3 weeks...sheeeeeet...
  11. :) i understand, all good choices, have fun !
    This gigabyte 970A-UD3 does support the FX-8320 and FX-8350 just so you know, it has an 8+2 power phase it's a very good quality motherboard so if you may want to upgrade to an 8 core FX chip in the future you will be able to do it with that motherboard.
Ask a new question

Read More

Battlefield ASrock Gaming CPUs AMD Motherboards Graphics Cards