Solved

ABOUT TO ORDER! Any last thoughts?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3y8im

I already own the: CPU Cooler, SSD, HDD

Went with corsair RAM because it looked better. (so don't suggest g.skill)

Any final thoughts would be great before I ORDER!! (:
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about order thoughts
  1. Best answer
    Great build but I would change SSD to 840EVO other parts are awesome :)
    Good build :)

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Best Buy)
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($196.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($80.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB DirectCU II Video Card ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: XFX XTR 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1226.92
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-25 04:05 EDT-0400)
  2. Ahmadjon said:
    Great build but I would change SSD to 840EVO other parts are awesome :)
    Good build :)

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Best Buy)
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($196.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($80.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB DirectCU II Video Card ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: XFX XTR 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1226.92
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-25 04:05 EDT-0400)


    COOL! Thnx!! And as I said.. I already bought the SSD!
  3. Oh! sorry didn't see that great build overall :)
  4. Overkill PSU. Do not need more than 550w. Personally I would avoid Gold Certification as its overly expensive. But assuming you want it I have added it below.
    Pointlessly expensive mobo.
    Chassis is a little expensive too if you consider you can save about 30$ there alone.
    RAM is fine, actually quite cheap for Dominator 1866MHz RAM.
    CPU cooler comes at a good price at least. :)
    Good choice in SSD.

    After all of that saving mentioned above.

    You can get a much better GTX780 instead.


    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3y8A5
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3y8A5/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3y8A5/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme6 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Micro Center)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($73.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II Video Card ($499.99 @ B&H)
    Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic S12G 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($77.99 @ Mwave)
    Total: $1216.92
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-25 04:12 EDT-0400)
  5. Novuake said:
    Overkill PSU. Do not need more than 550w. Personally I would avoid Gold Certification as its overly expensive. But assuming you want it I have added it below.
    Pointlessly expensive mobo.
    Chassis is a little expensive too if you consider you can save about 30$ there alone.
    RAM is fine, actually quite cheap for Dominator 1866MHz RAM.
    CPU cooler comes at a good price at least. :)
    Good choice in SSD.

    After all of that saving mentioned above.

    You can get a much better GTX780 instead.


    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3y8A5
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3y8A5/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3y8A5/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme6 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Micro Center)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($73.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II Video Card ($499.99 @ B&H)
    Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic S12G 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($77.99 @ Mwave)
    Total: $1216.92
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-25 04:12 EDT-0400)


    Thanks for the suggestion.

    So.. Why should I downgrade Mobo, PSU, Case?

    Everyone says that the Asus HERO is the BEST one to get!! (And why not extreme 4)

    And the PSU isn't that expensive compared to Corsair RM

    Corsair RM 650 bronze - $119
    XFX XTR 650 GOLD - $109
  6. If I were you I would go for this build :)

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($196.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($80.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Superclocked ACX Video Card ($499.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Antec HCG M 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $1277.92
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-25 04:31 EDT-0400)

    It's better to have 780 in build but 770 is also good choice the only things I would change are SSD, PSU, case and GPU :)

    Edit: Nothing wrong with "Hero" motherboard couple of Mods use that motherboard and they say it's great motherboard for OC.
  7. Nickeroo said:

    Thanks for the suggestion.

    So.. Why should I downgrade Mobo, PSU, Case?

    Everyone says that the Asus HERO is the BEST one to get!! (And why not extreme 4)

    And the PSU isn't that expensive compared to Corsair RM

    Corsair RM 650 bronze - $119
    XFX XTR 650 GOLD - $109




    Because everything that i downgraded is overpriced for what you get. I chose components that are MORE than good enough for your needs, this allows you to free up money and buy something that REALLY benefits you more, like a better graphics card.
  8. Novuake said:
    Nickeroo said:

    Thanks for the suggestion.

    So.. Why should I downgrade Mobo, PSU, Case?

    Everyone says that the Asus HERO is the BEST one to get!! (And why not extreme 4)

    And the PSU isn't that expensive compared to Corsair RM

    Corsair RM 650 bronze - $119
    XFX XTR 650 GOLD - $109




    Because everything that i downgraded is overpriced for what you get. I chose components that are MORE than good enough for your needs, this allows you to free up money and buy something that REALLY benefits you more, like a better graphics card.




    Alright man! Thanks. I may do that and do the 780! But.. I'll see! Thnx.
  9. You're Welcome! :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives GPU Fan CPUs pc Cooling Build Components psu