Solved

High CPU temp causing BSOD?

So one day I started getting BSOD ( STOP 0xA0000001 ) and have some suspicions that it may be caused by my CPU overheating. HWMonitor shows those temps for my CPU :

50 C 45.1 C 64.2 C
I don't know why I get only 3 temps since my CPU has 4 cores but w/e.

It's an AMD A8-6600K @ 3.9 Ghz

It's my first time using MWMonitor so I don't know anything about it hope I get some help here.

EDIT: I actually just got like 70 C on one of the 3 temps, the middle temp (2nd core i guess) its always stable at 45 C
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about high cpu temp causing bsod
  1. those temps are good, even 70 degrees is within operating temperature. Your computer would only do such a thing if it were to hit 95+ degrees. Noting to worry about in terms of CPU overheating.

    But I am wanting to help this issue altogether rather then just cancel out this query.

    several things can cause a BSOD, main one is your PSU not being able to supply enough power to components.
  2. unknownofprob said:
    a faulty PSU may start your computer and may be able to login, but once you your system demands more power (start a game), you get the BSOD, a good example of a faulty PSU. Faulty does not mean blown, for reference.
    Thanks guys you really helped I'll get someone to get a look on my PSU. Do you think it can be repaired?
  3. unknownofprob said:
    those temps are good, even 70 degrees is within operating temperature. Your computer would only do such a thing if it were to hit 95+ degrees. Noting to worry about in terms of CPU overheating.

    But I am wanting to help this issue altogether rather then just cancel out this query.

    several things can cause a BSOD, main one is your PSU not being able to supply enough power to components.
    Thanks for your answer I guess its not CPU problem then. I can give you this screenshot : http://gyazo.com/4c4f3eeede919fc76029bbd2557f80f0 from HWMonitor to check if everything is good in terms of voltage and temps
  4. unknownofprob said:
    a faulty PSU may start your computer and may be able to login, but once you your system demands more power (start a game), you get the BSOD, a good example of a faulty PSU. Faulty does not mean blown, for reference.
    I also just got another BSOD saying that the display driver attempted to be recovered but timedout.
  5. that looks fine to me, the voltage should never really be too high, unless your motherboard is faulty.

    Could you run Prime95 Torture Test and update on the results, we'll know pretty quick if your CPU is having issues. This test will put your CPU at 100% load, for as long as it takes, A true test for a CPU.
  6. a PSU is best not to be repaired, best to be replaced.

    With Ram, could you try one stick, then the other just to be sure you don't have a faulty ram module.
  7. unknownofprob said:
    that looks fine to me, the voltage should never really be too high, unless your motherboard is faulty.

    Could you run Prime95 Torture Test and update on the results, we'll know pretty quick if your CPU is having issues. This test will put your CPU at 100% load, for as long as it takes, A true test for a CPU.
    I will update you later today cause I got to go now. However the only reason I thought it was a CPU problem was the temps which seems like aint that high anyway. I will run the torture test, I don't think it will be completed tho cause I get BSOD every 10 min and instantly if I start a game of any kind. This in combination with some research the last few days made me suspicious about my GPU too.
  8. Andrew131 said:
    unknownofprob said:
    a faulty PSU may start your computer and may be able to login, but once you your system demands more power (start a game), you get the BSOD, a good example of a faulty PSU. Faulty does not mean blown, for reference.
    I also just got another BSOD saying that the display driver attempted to be recovered but timedout.



    graphics driver.....This could be linked to your graphics card, but also the PSU. This issue may not be just one component, but several.
  9. from that, "instantly if I start a game of any kind" I am getting to a solid conclusion that you may have a faulty power supply.
  10. unknownofprob said:
    Andrew131 said:
    unknownofprob said:
    a faulty PSU may start your computer and may be able to login, but once you your system demands more power (start a game), you get the BSOD, a good example of a faulty PSU. Faulty does not mean blown, for reference.
    I also just got another BSOD saying that the display driver attempted to be recovered but timedout.



    graphics driver.....This could be linked to your graphics card, but also the PSU. This issue may not be just one component, but several.
    I remember seeing the BSOD for the first time after installing a game. Played for a bit got a BSOD restarted the PC and then when I played it it gave me a BSOD for the second time, since then im getting it on all games. I've completely formatted my PC with a new copy of windows, can you get anything out of this?
  11. Temps are a bit warm; I like them under ~60C.

    PSU or RAM could be at fault here; run memtest86+ and see if it picks up any RAM failures.
  12. Best answer
    yes, doing a fresh install may do the trick if this never occurred before.
  13. gamerk316 said:
    Temps are a bit warm; I like them under ~60C.

    PSU or RAM could be at fault here; run memtest86+ and see if it picks up any RAM failures.
    I ran memtest86 already and found no problems. So you and unknownofprob are telling me that it may be PSU, could you explain me how you get to this conclussion pls?
  14. unknownofprob said:
    yes, doing a fresh install may do the trick if this never occurred before.
    Seems like the problem has stopped without doing nothing, I played some games and everything is k till now. I don't want it to happen again tho so i will get my pc looked at, tahnk you for you help :) You are a person worth giving a "best solution" to!
  15. a faulty PSU may start your computer and may be able to login, but once you your system demands more power (start a game), you get the BSOD, a good example of a faulty PSU. Faulty does not mean blown, for reference.
Ask a new question

Read More

Blue Screen CPUs Monitors