1. What is your budget? -- Anything. I need a good machine. I am extremely flexible about this.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? -Ultrabook. I would think 12" to 14" I need something that can work as a powerful laptop and a tablet. I will doing a lot of reading e-book reading. Hence, I cannot afford extra weight and a clumsy display.
3. What screen resolution do you want? - Anything. I am not into Gaming or Video processing stuff.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Yes, portable laptop for school and a high performance machine.
5. How much battery life do you need? The more the better.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) -- Occasional photo editing, programming and any other business school stuff.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? -- At least 250GB -- I am okay with SSD or 7200rpm HDD.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Quite open to all.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? At least 2 years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? I could do away with out optical drive because I haven't used one for 4 years!
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I am not a Mac person. I like the durability of Thinkpad. Otherwise, I am okay with any brand.
13. What country do you live in? United States
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. -- I need a computer with a good laptop support. I will probably end up buying accidental damage protection.
More about :notebook buying advice business mobility performance