Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Should I upgrade my amd cpu cooler or buy a new mouse & mousepad?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
April 25, 2014 8:11:05 PM

So I built a budget gaming pc 2 months ago with a ga78lmtusb3, cx430, fx4300, 8 gigs of 1333 ddr3, rosewill ranger m, and a 2tb seagate hard drive. I have been using the stock amd cooler and the fan is really noisy. It gets to nearly 3500 rpm under a full load. I have a 20$ budget, but for the same price, I can upgrade my old dell mouse and get a steelseries mousepad.This is the mouse I am looking at. http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity%C2%AE-Precision-Programm...
For the cpu cooler, I was looking at either the hyper 101a or a arctic alpine 64 plus.
Here are some pics of my setup. (I am upgrading monitor for Christmas. )
http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/jotbajwa75/media/IMG_...

http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/jotbajwa75/media/IMG_...

http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/jotbajwa75/media/IMG_...

More about : upgrade amd cpu cooler buy mouse mousepad

a b À AMD
a c 118 à CPUs
April 25, 2014 8:16:50 PM

I think the choice will vary from person to person, but for me, I would definitely get the CPU cooler. My AMD A10's stock cooler was running like crap with a really high pitched sound and stuff. I upgraded to a Cooler Master Hyper TX3, (silimar to the 101A), and my computer is now very quite and runs pretty cool!

Definitely go for the 101A instead of the artic alpine 64 plus. The 64 plus looks not much, if at all better than the stock cooler.
m
0
l
April 25, 2014 8:20:54 PM

Zircoben said:
I think the choice will vary from person to person, but for me, I would definitely get the CPU cooler. My AMD A10's stock cooler was running like crap with a really high pitched sound and stuff. I upgraded to a Cooler Master Hyper TX3, (silimar to the 101A), and my computer is now very quite and runs pretty cool!

Definitely go for the 101A instead of the artic alpine 64 plus. The 64 plus looks not much, if at all better than the stock cooler.


Was installing the cooler easy? I know for the 101, it uses the stock amd mounting system so that shouldn't be too bad, but how hard is it? Also, I am really not sure what to do! I want a quiet pc, but my mouse kind of sucks. My 14th b-day is coming in June, but I already got my 7770 as an early birthday present, so i'm really not sure!
m
0
l
Related resources
April 25, 2014 8:22:31 PM

Zircoben said:
I think the choice will vary from person to person, but for me, I would definitely get the CPU cooler. My AMD A10's stock cooler was running like crap with a really high pitched sound and stuff. I upgraded to a Cooler Master Hyper TX3, (silimar to the 101A), and my computer is now very quite and runs pretty cool!

Definitely go for the 101A instead of the artic alpine 64 plus. The 64 plus looks not much, if at all better than the stock cooler.


Also, I forgot to mention, the hyper 101a doesn't come with a pwm fan but the alpine does. The alpine will be equally as quiet as the 101 (I think), because the fan is still bigger than the stock amd fan, and also the alpine comes with pre-applied thermal compound.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b À AMD
a c 118 à CPUs
April 25, 2014 8:30:40 PM

Pcbuilder123 said:
Zircoben said:
I think the choice will vary from person to person, but for me, I would definitely get the CPU cooler. My AMD A10's stock cooler was running like crap with a really high pitched sound and stuff. I upgraded to a Cooler Master Hyper TX3, (silimar to the 101A), and my computer is now very quite and runs pretty cool!

Definitely go for the 101A instead of the artic alpine 64 plus. The 64 plus looks not much, if at all better than the stock cooler.


Was installing the cooler easy? I know for the 101, it uses the stock amd mounting system so that shouldn't be too bad, but how hard is it? Also, I am really not sure what to do! I want a quiet pc, but my mouse kind of sucks. My 14th b-day is coming in June, but I already got my 7770 as an early birthday present, so i'm really not sure!


Haha sweet dude your 13! Congrats! That's awesome what you are doing at your age.

The AMD mounting system was difficult for me, I needed someone else to hold down one side of the clamp while I pushed down the other and locked it. If you have someone else helping push, you will get it pretty easy.

The second review of the Artic 64 plus says it only gets 2C better than stock... I have the Cooler Master TX3 (VERY similar to the 101a) and the copper heatpipes and bigger size will give you a lot better than the 64 plus.

Apply your thermal compound (included with 101a) like this: http:// . That is the best way. As little as possible.

Good luck!
Share
April 25, 2014 8:32:59 PM

Zircoben said:
Pcbuilder123 said:
Zircoben said:
I think the choice will vary from person to person, but for me, I would definitely get the CPU cooler. My AMD A10's stock cooler was running like crap with a really high pitched sound and stuff. I upgraded to a Cooler Master Hyper TX3, (silimar to the 101A), and my computer is now very quite and runs pretty cool!

Definitely go for the 101A instead of the artic alpine 64 plus. The 64 plus looks not much, if at all better than the stock cooler.


Was installing the cooler easy? I know for the 101, it uses the stock amd mounting system so that shouldn't be too bad, but how hard is it? Also, I am really not sure what to do! I want a quiet pc, but my mouse kind of sucks. My 14th b-day is coming in June, but I already got my 7770 as an early birthday present, so i'm really not sure!


Haha sweet dude your 13! Congrats! That's awesome what you are doing at your age.

The AMD mounting system was difficult for me, I needed someone else to hold down one side of the clamp while I pushed down the other and locked it. If you have someone else helping push, you will get it pretty easy.

The second review of the Artic 64 plus says it only gets 2C better than stock... I have the Cooler Master TX3 (VERY similar to the 101a) and the copper heatpipes and bigger size will give you a lot better than the 64 plus.

Apply your thermal compound (included with 101a) like this: http:// . That is the best way. As little as possible.

Good luck!


Alright, thanks! I plan to buy the hyper 101a within the next week or so. Hopefully I will be able to mount it myself! Thanks once again!
m
0
l
a b À AMD
a c 118 à CPUs
April 25, 2014 8:35:46 PM

Get this: http://

That is a STEAL. I got mine for about $3 more. You will get better temps than the 101a. There is 3 copper pipes instead of one, and its a bigger and better fan and heatsink. I love mine.

Have fun!
m
0
l
April 25, 2014 8:39:44 PM

Zircoben said:
Get this: http://

That is a STEAL. I got mine for about $3 more. You will get better temps than the 101a. There is 3 copper pipes instead of one, and its a bigger and better fan and heatsink. I love mine.

Have fun!


Awesome! I will buy this, and in maybe around a month upgrade my mouse/mousepad. Thank you! I will probably pick this one up.
m
0
l
a b À AMD
a c 118 à CPUs
April 25, 2014 8:43:09 PM

Pcbuilder123 said:
Zircoben said:
Get this: http://

That is a STEAL. I got mine for about $3 more. You will get better temps than the 101a. There is 3 copper pipes instead of one, and its a bigger and better fan and heatsink. I love mine.

Have fun!


Awesome! I will buy this, and in maybe around a month upgrade my mouse/mousepad. Thank you! I will probably pick this one up.


You're welcome. I am happy I could help!
m
0
l
!