Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

i5 4670k vs i7 3770k vs i7 4770k vs amd fx8350 (gaming) ?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
April 26, 2014 1:03:36 AM

which one is better for gaming ?

i5 4670k
i7 3770k
i7 4770k
amd fx 8350

Im thinking of running games like watch dogs . which processor shall do it for me on ultra - medium ?




a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a c 131 à CPUs
April 26, 2014 1:09:56 AM

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

i7 4770k >FX8350 > i7 3770k > i5 4670k

Pick the cpu that can support your gpu. The i7's and 8350 will support all gpus as at today.

You might have trouble with th i5 with a couple of Titans
m
1
l
a b à CPUs
April 26, 2014 1:15:53 AM

My bet though is that every cpu from your list should perform well on at least medium settings, but no one will be able to tell you for certain which one will be better than the other.

Watch dogs should be out in about a month.
Since it's an interesting game with interesting recommended system requirements you can bet it'll be benchmarked everywhere.

So I say wait for the game to actually come out.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
April 26, 2014 1:18:42 AM

i7Baby said:
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

i7 4770k >FX8350 > i7 3770k > i5 4670k

Pick the cpu that can support your gpu. The i7's and 8350 will support all gpus as at today.

You might have trouble with th i5 with a couple of Titans


That information is so twisted, go read some toms reviews please.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
April 26, 2014 1:20:03 AM

i5 4670k has best price/performance ratio in gaming. No need for i7 in games, since they can't utilize the Hyperthreading feature on the Intel's i7. FX 8350 is also good CPU for gaming if you are on budget.

Right now, the price difference between the FX 8350 and i5 4670k is $20. With that price difference, personally i would definitely get the i5 4670k. The i7's are $100 more than the i5 and $120 than the FX 8350.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
April 26, 2014 1:25:59 AM

maurelie said:
i5 4670k has best price/performance ratio in gaming. No need for i7 in games, since they can't utilize the Hyperthreading feature on the Intel's i7. FX 8350 is also good CPU for gaming if you are on budget.

Right now, the price difference between the FX 8350 and i5 4670k is $20. With that price difference, personally i would definitely get the i5 4670k. The i7's are $100 more than the i5 and $120 than the FX 8350.


While your statement is correct generally, the OP is talking about a specific game that has rumored recommended system requirements of an 8 core cpu.

So, in this specific scenario, you can't tell if the FX 83xx will surprise us by getting very close to the i7, or if this recommendation turns out to be false and the i5 will get the same results as the i7, while the FX will trail behind.

All in all, getting the i7 will be the "safest" bet but will also cost a lot more while potentially offering nothing in return.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
April 26, 2014 1:32:41 AM

doron said:
maurelie said:
i5 4670k has best price/performance ratio in gaming. No need for i7 in games, since they can't utilize the Hyperthreading feature on the Intel's i7. FX 8350 is also good CPU for gaming if you are on budget.

Right now, the price difference between the FX 8350 and i5 4670k is $20. With that price difference, personally i would definitely get the i5 4670k. The i7's are $100 more than the i5 and $120 than the FX 8350.


While your statement is correct generally, the OP is talking about a specific game that has rumored recommended system requirements of an 8 core cpu.

So, in this specific scenario, you can't tell if the FX 83xx will surprise us by getting very close to the i7, or if this recommendation turns out to be false and the i5 will get the same results as the i7, while the FX will trail behind.

All in all, getting the i7 will be the "safest" bet but will also cost a lot more while potentially offering nothing in return.


Official statement from the developers of the WatchDogs said that pre released PC requirements were not true and that they have made mistake with the PC requirements, rendering them ''not necessary". At the end, the PC requirements will be much lower.
In what therms do you mean that the i7 will be ''safest'' bet?, even i5 Sandy Bridge can handle GTX 780 or R9 290X and play latest tittles without any problems.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
April 26, 2014 2:23:32 AM

maurelie said:
doron said:
maurelie said:
i5 4670k has best price/performance ratio in gaming. No need for i7 in games, since they can't utilize the Hyperthreading feature on the Intel's i7. FX 8350 is also good CPU for gaming if you are on budget.

Right now, the price difference between the FX 8350 and i5 4670k is $20. With that price difference, personally i would definitely get the i5 4670k. The i7's are $100 more than the i5 and $120 than the FX 8350.


While your statement is correct generally, the OP is talking about a specific game that has rumored recommended system requirements of an 8 core cpu.

So, in this specific scenario, you can't tell if the FX 83xx will surprise us by getting very close to the i7, or if this recommendation turns out to be false and the i5 will get the same results as the i7, while the FX will trail behind.

All in all, getting the i7 will be the "safest" bet but will also cost a lot more while potentially offering nothing in return.


Official statement from the developers of the WatchDogs said that pre released PC requirements were not true and that they have made mistake with the PC requirements, rendering them ''not necessary". At the end, the PC requirements will be much lower.
In what therms do you mean that the i7 will be ''safest'' bet?, even i5 Sandy Bridge can handle GTX 780 or R9 290X and play latest tittles without any problems.


I usually don't recommend i7 for gaming, my previous statement was based upon the alleged 8 core cpu requirement, but if that's not true than the i5 should be more than enough.

However, if the game can utilize 8 cores, we can't know yet how the i7 / FX-8xxx will fare compared to the i5.

All in all, since (according to google) the game is supposed to be out next month, IMO the smartest thing will be to wait and see.
m
0
l
April 26, 2014 3:19:13 AM

i7Baby said:
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

i7 4770k >FX8350 > i7 3770k > i5 4670k

Pick the cpu that can support your gpu. The i7's and 8350 will support all gpus as at today.

You might have trouble with th i5 with a couple of Titans


maurelie said:
i5 4670k has best price/performance ratio in gaming. No need for i7 in games, since they can't utilize the Hyperthreading feature on the Intel's i7. FX 8350 is also good CPU for gaming if you are on budget.

Right now, the price difference between the FX 8350 and i5 4670k is $20. With that price difference, personally i would definitely get the i5 4670k. The i7's are $100 more than the i5 and $120 than the FX 8350.


think future proof my man, the I7 is a motherfucking beast right now when it comes to gaming (so is the i5) but in a few years when the games begin to take advantage of the extra threads the i7 will be doing laps around the i5, 8320/50 would come just behind
m
0
l
April 26, 2014 3:20:39 AM

it got posted twice, nice
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
April 26, 2014 2:19:01 PM

tuffa97 said:
i7Baby said:
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

i7 4770k >FX8350 > i7 3770k > i5 4670k

Pick the cpu that can support your gpu. The i7's and 8350 will support all gpus as at today.

You might have trouble with th i5 with a couple of Titans


maurelie said:
i5 4670k has best price/performance ratio in gaming. No need for i7 in games, since they can't utilize the Hyperthreading feature on the Intel's i7. FX 8350 is also good CPU for gaming if you are on budget.

Right now, the price difference between the FX 8350 and i5 4670k is $20. With that price difference, personally i would definitely get the i5 4670k. The i7's are $100 more than the i5 and $120 than the FX 8350.


think future proof my man, the I7 is a motherfucking beast right now when it comes to gaming (so is the i5) but in a few years when the games begin to take advantage of the extra threads the i7 will be doing laps around the i5, 8320/50 would come just behind


3 Years after i bought my i7 2600 (primarily bought it for content creation), i am still waiting for games to start to utilize Hyperthreading or to use of 8 cores from the FX 8100 and FX 8300 series. I don't think the games are going in that direction.
m
0
l
May 25, 2014 6:12:50 AM

so let's start from zero
1. ppl say that amd fx 8350 it's about intel i5 (even that i5 beats the crap out of 8350), i5 single core is better then fx 8350 single core, ok old games are faster on i5 than 8350,so an example in some old game i5 has better fps then fx 8350 let's say i5 150fps vs fx 8350 100fps, do you really need or will see that difference? So with both cpus the frame rate is more than enough. Well if we look to the future, i5 vs fx 8350, 4 vs 8 core, games will need more cores so who is faster? Ok i5 is faster in single core, but when it comes to more than 4 core you can overclock your i5 but it will be slower than a 8 core fx 8350. (for future proof i will chose fx 8350, and btw who cares about old games? :bounce:  , i still can play old games at high fps with fx 8350 even if it has lower fps than i5 , 10-50 fps doesn't matter when you have over 100fps in old games :D )
2. ppl say that i5 and i7 are beter than fx 8350 even that i7 is a beast? :??:  , where is the contradiction? "use your brain that's why you have it" :D  now i can say that everybody who is saying that i7 is a beast over fx8350 is stupid?:heink: :??:  why i'm saying this? Ok fx 8350 is near i5 in most games, well i7 is the same cpu with higher clock and HT, hmmmmmmmmmmmm higher clock in i7 then i5..... fx 8350 is near i5, games don't utilise more then 2-3 cores, ok in games i5 = i7 HT doesn't matter, not used in games and even if a games need more then 4 cores HT are not cores, fx 8350 is near i5, then why is i7 a beast? (for future proof i will chose fx 8350, i5 = i7 in games so fx 8350 still can keep up with i7 :D )
3. In the future games will require more cores, even more than 4 so i5 goes down the drain or will be very slow, i7 4 cores and HT? i don't think that games will benefit from HT in the future, fx 8350? 8 cores stays on the top and looks down (for future proof i will chose fx 8350)
4. When i look at price amd vs intel i choose amd.
Conclusion
If you look in the past and present is something like this i7 >i5>8350
If you look from today to the future it will be something like this 8350>i7>i5
I can play old games and present games with an fx 8350 at 50-100 fps i don't need an i5 or i7 just to have 20-50 more fps (if you still want more fps buy an i5/i7 you will see no difference with your eyes in gameplay over fx 8350, you will see the difference only in benchmarks and in your wallet)
And don't bullshit me with benchmarks and look at site A and B and youtube benchmarks i5 vs i7 vs fx 8350, i still will choose fx8350, 20-50 fps doesn't matter when you have over 100fps.
Look in the future when you have something which you can survive the present and will be much useful in the future, and for the future i see in gaming more than 4 cores ( in the beginning it was one "core" , now are 2-3 "cores" and don't tell me that in the future it will not be more the 4 "cores" for gaming)
(what i'm saying here refers only to games but i heard that in multi tasking stuff amd fx 8 cores is better then intel i7, can't say nothing about that, not tested out yet)
I'm not a AMD fan i like intel to my last cpu was an xeon x3430 overclocked from 2400mhz to 3800mhz on a asus 1156 mobo, now that was a beast 4 cores 7.9 index score in windows 7, but i will buy fx 8350 or 9370 because of the cores price and how i was saying in present games i don't need more frames if amd fx 8350 is more than enough for present games and is future proof for gameswhich will require more than 4 cores.
Ok ok ok enough 10x for listening :bounce:  dot.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 92 à CPUs
May 25, 2014 8:23:28 AM

@Puffu
Spoiler

puffu said:
so let's start from zero
1. ppl say that amd fx 8350 it's about intel i5 (even that i5 beats the crap out of 8350), i5 single core is better then fx 8350 single core, ok old games are faster on i5 than 8350,so an example in some old game i5 has better fps then fx 8350 let's say i5 150fps vs fx 8350 100fps, do you really need or will see that difference? So with both cpus the frame rate is more than enough. Well if we look to the future, i5 vs fx 8350, 4 vs 8 core, games will need more cores so who is faster? Ok i5 is faster in single core, but when it comes to more than 4 core you can overclock your i5 but it will be slower than a 8 core fx 8350. (for future proof i will chose fx 8350, and btw who cares about old games? :bounce:  , i still can play old games at high fps with fx 8350 even if it has lower fps than i5 , 10-50 fps doesn't matter when you have over 100fps in old games :D )
2. ppl say that i5 and i7 are beter than fx 8350 even that i7 is a beast? :??:  , where is the contradiction? "use your brain that's why you have it" :D  now i can say that everybody who is saying that i7 is a beast over fx8350 is stupid?:heink: :??:  why i'm saying this? Ok fx 8350 is near i5 in most games, well i7 is the same cpu with higher clock and HT, hmmmmmmmmmmmm higher clock in i7 then i5..... fx 8350 is near i5, games don't utilise more then 2-3 cores, ok in games i5 = i7 HT doesn't matter, not used in games and even if a games need more then 4 cores HT are not cores, fx 8350 is near i5, then why is i7 a beast? (for future proof i will chose fx 8350, i5 = i7 in games so fx 8350 still can keep up with i7 :D )
3. In the future games will require more cores, even more than 4 so i5 goes down the drain or will be very slow, i7 4 cores and HT? i don't think that games will benefit from HT in the future, fx 8350? 8 cores stays on the top and looks down (for future proof i will chose fx 8350)
4. When i look at price amd vs intel i choose amd.
Conclusion
If you look in the past and present is something like this i7 >i5>8350
If you look from today to the future it will be something like this 8350>i7>i5
I can play old games and present games with an fx 8350 at 50-100 fps i don't need an i5 or i7 just to have 20-50 more fps (if you still want more fps buy an i5/i7 you will see no difference with your eyes in gameplay over fx 8350, you will see the difference only in benchmarks and in your wallet)
And don't bullshit me with benchmarks and look at site A and B and youtube benchmarks i5 vs i7 vs fx 8350, i still will choose fx8350, 20-50 fps doesn't matter when you have over 100fps.
Look in the future when you have something which you can survive the present and will be much useful in the future, and for the future i see in gaming more than 4 cores ( in the beginning it was one "core" , now are 2-3 "cores" and don't tell me that in the future it will not be more the 4 "cores" for gaming)
(what i'm saying here refers only to games but i heard that in multi tasking stuff amd fx 8 cores is better then intel i7, can't say nothing about that, not tested out yet)
I'm not a AMD fan i like intel to my last cpu was an xeon x3430 overclocked from 2400mhz to 3800mhz on a asus 1156 mobo, now that was a beast 4 cores 7.9 index score in windows 7, but i will buy fx 8350 or 9370 because of the cores price and how i was saying in present games i don't need more frames if amd fx 8350 is more than enough for present games and is future proof for gameswhich will require more than 4 cores.
Ok ok ok enough 10x for listening :bounce:  dot.


Your logic is flawed.

A single core is handling more than an single thread. A single core is shifting between processes. An haswell core i5 will be faster than the fx 8350 in a process utilizing 6 threads.

Piledriver will need to have every single execution pipeline working to be even with haswell. What does this mean?
Piledriver are only even in a few workloads. Not even to mention SIMD workloads.

FPS numbers means little to nothing. You could have 120FPS which could be worse than 60 smooth FPS.

Quote:
If you look in the past and present is something like this i7 >i5>8350
If you look from today to the future it will be something like this 8350>i7>i5


I doubt that fx 8350 would be superior to an haswell i7 in the future. I even doubt it will be better than an haswell i5 in gaming even in the future.

m
0
l
May 29, 2014 5:44:57 AM

just one question (a litle off topic) what will you people choose amd 8350/9370 with a high end video card or lga 2011 6 core with a mid range video card (anyway i will wait for lga 2011-3 just to see the price)
and vmN look at watch dogs fx 8350 vs i7 4770k just 2-3 frames difference.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
May 29, 2014 6:03:17 AM

I love my 4670k. Overclockable, runs all of my games right alongside my GTX 770, great price to performance. Get the i5 if you are on a budget, if not, get either of the i7's they're both good. But the i7 4770k is an updated processor, a year newer than the 3770k.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 92 à CPUs
May 29, 2014 6:05:50 AM

I would choose the fx 8350 with an higher end GPU, if the scenario was I could only choose between an fx 8350 + High-end GPU or An 2011 CPU + Midrange GPU.

But that scenario most likely wouldn't happen.



By having some logic, you would see that the core I5 4670k is even with the core i7-4960x in terms of FPS. What does this mean? This mean you gain nothing over having a better CPU, means that the CPU isn't the limiting factor. If you see the fx 8350, which are only 3 FPS lower, just means it limiting it more.

The next generation of 2011 CPUs, most likely will follow the same price scheme as the previous generation.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 122 À AMD
a c 680 à CPUs
May 29, 2014 6:36:31 AM

I would go with a Xeon E3 1230v3, and a cheaper motherboard, giving more money towards GPU. Even overclocked, the FX 8350 cannot compete with it.
m
0
l
!