Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Which is the best SSD?

Tags:
  • Kingston
  • Storage
  • Samsung SSD
  • Performance
  • SSD
  • Sandisk
Last response: in Storage
Share
April 26, 2014 5:11:44 AM

Hi, between these SSD which one has the best performance, features and speed? I'm using SSD just for Windows and Game..

Kingston Hyper X 3K 120GB
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB
San Disk Extreme II 120GB

Thanks.

More about : ssd

a c 954 G Storage
April 26, 2014 5:15:21 AM

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB

I have that same Kingston, but if I were buying today, I'd get the Samsung.
m
0
l
a b G Storage
April 26, 2014 9:46:13 AM

Hi HR7,
the Samsung 840 EVO 120GB is the best choice of the three options
All three are good SSD's from reputable manufacturers so which ever you choose you will be fine
but of the three The 840 EVO wins
m
0
l
Related resources
April 26, 2014 9:38:25 AM

USAFRet said:
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB

I have that same Kingston, but if I were buying today, I'd get the Samsung.


is it because of the performance or brand? based on review SD Extreme II is performing better but it's a mixed up review..
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 954 G Storage
April 26, 2014 9:46:34 AM

Brand and reliability.
You would not really notice any performance difference between the 3, unless you had all 3 installed, running the exact same applications.
They are all 'fast'.
Share
April 26, 2014 9:59:01 AM

USAFRet said:
Brand and reliability.
You would not really notice any performance difference between the 3, unless you had all 3 installed, running the exact same applications.
They are all 'fast'.


How about age? i read somewhere that SSD will die so if it going to happen how long? is it in a few month or years?
m
0
l
a c 954 G Storage
April 26, 2014 10:04:32 AM

HR7 said:
How about the age? i read somewhere that SSD Transistor can die on certain time so would it be years or just a few month?


Years. My Kingston HyperX3k 1208GB is 18 months old, and showing 100% life.

See this for an endurance test:
http://techreport.com/review/26058/the-ssd-endurance-ex...

m
0
l
April 26, 2014 10:07:25 AM

USAFRet said:
HR7 said:
How about the age? i read somewhere that SSD Transistor can die on certain time so would it be years or just a few month?


Years. My Kingston HyperX3k 1208GB is 18 months old, and showing 100% life.

See this for an endurance test:
http://techreport.com/review/26058/the-ssd-endurance-ex...



What does RAID means? In my research i've been seeing this word yet i don't know the meaning.

m
0
l
a c 954 G Storage
April 26, 2014 10:13:49 AM

HR7 said:

What does RAID means? In my research i've been seeing this word yet i don't know the meaning.



RAID - Redundant Array of Independent Disks.
Unless you have a real need, and know what you're doing, don't bother with it.
m
0
l
!