Solved

Suggest a good pc build under 900 usd

This is my first build. I want to play all games with full settings at 1080p. Is the msi mpower sp mobo good? should I buy corsair air 540? I plan to sli in the future. I will build it in September 2014 and I can only buy international shipped amazon products coz I live in India.
22 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about suggest good build 900 usd
  1. Here you go :)

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($35.98 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Dual-X Video Card ($299.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($47.00 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($67.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $907.91
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-26 10:40 EDT-0400)

    R9 280X is almost as fast as GTX-770 but it comes with 3GB VRAM and 3 free games at only 300$ which is 50$ more than GTX-760 :)
  2. Thanx but could you suggest an nvidia build
  3. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($35.98 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($239.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case ($24.99 @ Micro Center)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $900.88
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-26 13:31 EDT-0400)
  4. Here you go :)

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($35.98 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB DirectCU II Video Card ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($47.00 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($67.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $931.91
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-26 13:34 EDT-0400)

    But you have to add about 40$ to get nVidia card while AMD card comes with 3 free games.
    GTX-770 and R9 280X have almost same performance but GTX-770 slightly faster than R9 280X.
  5. But I can only buy international shipped amazon products coz I live in India.And I guess this makes the gtx 770 and r9 280x out of budget.
  6. Best answer
    What about these parts?

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($139.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($79.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($329.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.98 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $959.92
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-26 13:56 EDT-0400)
  7. the 760 wont be enough? I can oc it and put the money to a better case instead
  8. Mayank0809 said:
    the 760 wont be enough? I can oc it and put the money to a better case instead


    GTX-770 is way better than GTX-760 also HAF-912 case is really good, love my HAF-912 Plus case :)
  9. i guess the 800 series will come till september and 860 may perform same as 770 for price of a 760.Is the air 540 good instead of haf 912 ?
  10. Mayank0809 said:
    i guess the 800 series will come till september and 860 may perform same as 770 for price of a 760.Is the air 540 good instead of haf 912 ?


    It's good but it's way more expensive than HAF-912.
  11. Ahmadjon said:
    Mayank0809 said:
    i guess the 800 series will come till september and 860 may perform same as 770 for price of a 760.Is the air 540 good instead of haf 912 ?


    It's good but it's way more expensive than HAF-912.


    But if 860 costs same as a 760, i could save enough for the air 540
  12. the air 540 is desinged with monster cooling in mind. if your never going to run 240 and 360 thick rads, i dont think that case is worth it.
  13. nikoli707 said:
    the air 540 is desinged with monster cooling in mind. if your never going to run 240 and 360 thick rads, i dont think that case is worth it.


    I will run liquid cpu and gpu coolers in the future (like a year or two later)
  14. should i swap the asus board for msi mpower sp as they cost the same in india
  15. Mayank0809 said:
    should i swap the asus board for msi mpower sp as they cost the same in india


    MPower SP is a better choice.
  16. Ahmadjon said:
    Mayank0809 said:
    should i swap the asus board for msi mpower sp as they cost the same in india


    MPower SP is a better choice.

    Should I buy the unlocked pentium releasing mid 2014 instead? It would be much cheaper.
  17. Mayank0809 said:
    Ahmadjon said:
    Mayank0809 said:
    should i swap the asus board for msi mpower sp as they cost the same in india


    MPower SP is a better choice.

    Should I buy the unlocked pentium releasing mid 2014 instead? It would be much cheaper.



    It's not good (not so smart) getting "Pentium" CPU with such great motherbord for OC. Get at least i5-4670k or i7-4770k, or wait until 4590k or 4790k CPU come. http://wccftech.com/intel-haswell-refresh-processors-codenamed-devils-canyon-launching-mid-2014-unlocked-design-improved-tim/
  18. Ahmadjon said:
    Mayank0809 said:
    Ahmadjon said:
    Mayank0809 said:
    should i swap the asus board for msi mpower sp as they cost the same in india


    MPower SP is a better choice.

    Should I buy the unlocked pentium releasing mid 2014 instead? It would be much cheaper.



    It's not good (not so smart) getting "Pentium" CPU with such great motherbord for OC. Get at least i5-4670k or i7-4770k, or wait until 4590k or 4790k CPU come. http://wccftech.com/intel-haswell-refresh-processors-codenamed-devils-canyon-launching-mid-2014-unlocked-design-improved-tim/

    Is AMD FX8350 a good alternative?
  19. AMD's FX-8320-8350 are pretty old CPU's so they aren't good compared to Intel "Core" CPU's.
    AMD CPU's have lower performance per core and per clock than Intel CPU's.
  20. Ahmadjon said:
    AMD's FX-8320-8350 are pretty old CPU's so they aren't good compared to Intel "Core" CPU's.
    AMD CPU's have lower performance per core and per clock than Intel CPU's.


    could you downscale the system to $800 ?
  21. Mayank0809 said:
    Ahmadjon said:
    AMD's FX-8320-8350 are pretty old CPU's so they aren't good compared to Intel "Core" CPU's.
    AMD CPU's have lower performance per core and per clock than Intel CPU's.


    could you downscale the system to $800 ?


    On 800$ you can get only AMD build, for Intel save up till 1000$ and get good PC.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($159.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($31.98 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($89.79 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.24 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Superclocked ACX Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $803.96
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-27 15:03 EDT-0400)
  22. Would a mini itx board and case be enough?
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Games SLI Components Build