Solved

AMD A8-3850 APU CPU (2.9 mhz) with an EVGA GeForce GTX 750ti? Bottleneck problems?

I'm soon to own a 750ti in the coming days, and have been extremely anxious about my CPU and how it will handle with the GPU. How severe of a bottleneck will I most likely see here? I can get a new CPU, but money is very tight... especially after getting the new card, so that will be a little while.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about amd 3850 apu cpu mhz evga geforce gtx 750ti bottleneck problems
  1. Best answer
    That CPU probably won't be able to keep up very well, especially with it's old Bulldozer cores. Try it out though, and update me on how it runs. I'm interested to see the result.

    You will probably want to save up and build yourself an Intel i3- based system. On the Intel side is where you will see the best gaming performance, especially if you step up to an i5.
  2. Zircoben said:
    It will, in the end, differ from game to game. Different games load the CPU in very different ways. If you see very little to no improvement in a game while using the 750 Ti versus before, you will know the CPU is bottlenecking.

    However, I expect a lot of games will be just fine. What are you playing?


    The games I currently play are: Skyrim, Elder Scrolls Online, Arma 3, and Battlefield 4 mainly at the moment. I will try it like you said, and let you know the results. My card will be in either today or tomorrow. Some of these games I'm sure will run fine, but I couldn't ultra most of them, and that's what I'll try with my new card.
  3. It will, in the end, differ from game to game. Different games load the CPU in very different ways. If you see very little to no improvement in a game while using the 750 Ti versus before, you will know the CPU is bottlenecking.

    However, I expect a lot of games will be just fine. What are you playing?
  4. NightoftheGrizzly said:
    Zircoben said:
    It will, in the end, differ from game to game. Different games load the CPU in very different ways. If you see very little to no improvement in a game while using the 750 Ti versus before, you will know the CPU is bottlenecking.

    However, I expect a lot of games will be just fine. What are you playing?


    The games I currently play are: Skyrim, Elder Scrolls Online, Arma 3, and Battlefield 4 mainly at the moment. I will try it like you said, and let you know the results. My card will be in either today or tomorrow. Some of these games I'm sure will run fine, but I couldn't ultra most of them, and that's what I'll try with my new card.


    How did it go?
  5. Zircoben said:
    NightoftheGrizzly said:
    Zircoben said:
    It will, in the end, differ from game to game. Different games load the CPU in very different ways. If you see very little to no improvement in a game while using the 750 Ti versus before, you will know the CPU is bottlenecking.

    However, I expect a lot of games will be just fine. What are you playing?


    The games I currently play are: Skyrim, Elder Scrolls Online, Arma 3, and Battlefield 4 mainly at the moment. I will try it like you said, and let you know the results. My card will be in either today or tomorrow. Some of these games I'm sure will run fine, but I couldn't ultra most of them, and that's what I'll try with my new card.


    How did it go?


    Very sorry for the late reply. I'm satisfied with the results, and I get at least a 30-40 fps boost than my last card. I get small bottlenecks here and there, but it's not really noticeable to me.
  6. NightoftheGrizzly said:
    Zircoben said:
    NightoftheGrizzly said:
    Zircoben said:
    It will, in the end, differ from game to game. Different games load the CPU in very different ways. If you see very little to no improvement in a game while using the 750 Ti versus before, you will know the CPU is bottlenecking.

    However, I expect a lot of games will be just fine. What are you playing?


    The games I currently play are: Skyrim, Elder Scrolls Online, Arma 3, and Battlefield 4 mainly at the moment. I will try it like you said, and let you know the results. My card will be in either today or tomorrow. Some of these games I'm sure will run fine, but I couldn't ultra most of them, and that's what I'll try with my new card.


    How did it go?


    Very sorry for the late reply. I'm satisfied with the results, and I get at least a 30-40 fps boost than my last card. I get small bottlenecks here and there, but it's not really noticeable to me.


    Awesome! Which games does it bottleneck most in? Are there some that showed little to no improvement?
Ask a new question

Read More

Bottleneck CPUs Geforce