I am looking for some guidance on potential upgrade paths with my computer.
My primary uses are:
*Gaming: Gaming tends to be WOW, ESO, Rome 2, Skyrim. I do not tend to play FPS very much any more.
*Work: Primarily spreadsheets and docs
* General use: browsing, using handbrake, basic level photography etc
My current rig features:
CPU: AMD Phenom 2 x 4 955 BE 3.2 processor (oc'ed to 3.5mhz currently)
Motherboard: Gigabyte: GA-870A-UD3 (rev 2.0)
GPU: MSI Power Edition HD8750 (oc'ed)
Memory: 4 gig generic 1333mhz
HD: WD 7200rpm 1gig
PSU: Antec BP 550 plus
Case: Zalman Z7
Currently I am weighing up an el cheapo upgrade path where I would add a
*Samsung EVO 250g SSD
* Keep current mobo and update CPU to FX 4150 CPU. I believe this is all the mobo I have can support. OC FX4150 as much as possible
* Update to 8gig memory
* add new 212 cooler as the tx3 is not very good for my needs.
My question are:
1) Does anyone have experience with GA-870A-UD3 rev 2.0 motherboard working with an FX 4130?
2) Is upgrading the CPU worth it? For example with a better cooler I could overclock the 955 BE even further. is the gain on FX4150 worth it
3) Is all this a silly upgrade path-- is it worth it to hold a little longer and just upgrade to new mobo, CPU (FX8350)?
Any assistance and/or opinions would be much appreciated.
DON'T get a bulldozer cpu, they were horrible and would be a downgrade, the old Phenom II beats them. Upgrade to 8gb of ram asap and see if you're satisfied with that, if not, go with the fx8320, but if your mobo only supports 95w cpu, the fx6300 is a good pick and only about $110-120