I'm going to buy one of these notebooks. Here's the Specs:
Dell Inspiron 15 3521 :
3rd Generation Intel Core i3-3217U processor (3M Cache, 1.8 GHz)
15.6 inch LED Backlit Display with True Life and HD resolution (1366 x 768)
Integrated 1.0 mega pixel widescreen HD webcam (1280 x 720)
4GB Single Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (4GBx1)
500GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Tray load DVD Drive (Reads and Writes DVD)
6-cell Lithium Ion (65WHr) Battery
3 Yr Warranty
Toshiba Satellite C50:
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M processor (3M Cache, 2.4GHz)- 3rd Gen
· 4GB DDR3 1600MHz SDRAM expandable to 16GB
· 15.6" WXGA HD Clear SuperView LED Backlight TFT display (16:9), resolution 1,366 x 768
· 500GB (SATA) with shock absorbers
· DVD SuperMulti Double Layer Drive
· Touchpad with multi-gesture support
· Bluetooth V4.0 , Integrated 802.11bgn , 10/100Mbps LAN
· Built-in HD Web Camera with Microphone and Toshiba SmartFace™ Technology
· 2xUSB 2.0, 1xUSB 3.0 , RGB, HDMI , Multi-Card Reader
· Lithium Ion 48Wh
3 years warranty
Prices of the both laptops are same and without OS.
I'm willing to use the laptop mainly for programming, surfing and other general purposes.
which one is better?
Which one should i buy?
Go for the Toshiba. You have blue tooth, a nice webcam, a multi card reader, and a faster and better cpu. The only downside is going to be the battery, the Dell has a 65 whr while the Toshiba has 48. Other than that, the Toshiba seems a better deal.