Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HELP! New (better) graphics card getting really low fps!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 27, 2014 3:39:46 AM

Hi
I am having a real problem with my new graphics card the evga 550ti. I upgraded from a crappy xfx 6670 but I got better fps on games on the 6670 than I get now on the 550ti. I tested it on minecraft and I got 40-50 fps where on the 6670 I got 100ish and I only got about 20-30 frames in war thunder, median quality. Here are my results on 3dmark http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/2958428?. I have tried installing and reinstalling different versions of drivers. I check my power supply and it has more than enough amps/watts to support it. I just don't know what to do. I have a few suspicions of what it could be :
- My bios could be too old but I checked and its the most recent version (2012)
- I have dual vga monitors both on dvi converters maybe that does something? one is 1080p on is 900p
- My motherboard is old and can't cope? (speed of motherboard)

I would be really grateful if someone could help me. It could be something simple that I haven't thought of but I just don't know.
Kind regards
Tom

Here are my specs:
CPU - AMD FX-6200
RAM - 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1023MB (EVGA)
SSD - 111GB KINGSTON SH103S3120G ATA Device
Storage drive - 931GB HITACHI HUA721010KLA330
PSU - VS450 Corsair

More about : graphics card low fps

a b Î Nvidia
a c 129 U Graphics card
April 27, 2014 3:52:23 AM

a 550ti is only about 20% better than a 6670.

Its not really designed to drive 2 x 1080p monitors:
Maximum Digital Resolution 2560x1600
Maximum VGA Resolution 2048x1536

http://youtu.be/4xL8F4whI_8 - maybe 6670 plays better than 550ti on minecraft
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
April 27, 2014 5:21:10 AM

2 monitors doesn't imply he games on both of them.
Also, a 550Ti shouldn't be bottlenecked by a 2.0 x16 slot.

Is your card getting hot?
m
0
l
Related resources
April 27, 2014 5:32:45 AM

i7Baby said:
a 550ti is only about 20% better than a 6670.

Its not really designed to drive 2 x 1080p monitors:
Maximum Digital Resolution 2560x1600
Maximum VGA Resolution 2048x1536

http://youtu.be/4xL8F4whI_8 - maybe 6670 plays better than 550ti on minecraft


cst1992 said:
2 monitors doesn't imply he games on both of them.
Also, a 550Ti shouldn't be bottlenecked by a 2.0 x16 slot.

Is your card getting hot?


Yeah it is quite hot like 50C and that not playing on games just chrome open.

m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 129 U Graphics card
April 27, 2014 5:39:59 AM

Why is it getting hot? Are you overclcoking it? Is your cpu getting hot too? If so, please check your power supply voltages - 12v, 5v, 3.3v min and max with HWInfo (free download)
m
0
l
April 27, 2014 6:01:15 AM

i7Baby said:
Why is it getting hot? Are you overclcoking it? Is your cpu getting hot too? If so, please check your power supply voltages - 12v, 5v, 3.3v min and max with HWInfo (free download)


Ok I downloaded that, I am a bit nooby when it comes down to it , but these are the results:

m
0
l
!