Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

HIS AMD Radeon R9 270x 2GB

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • CPUs
  • AMD
  • Motherboards
  • Graphics
  • Graphics Cards
Last response: in Graphics Cards
April 27, 2014 3:50:30 AM

Hello, I'm new to this forum.. so i got a question about this card because after i mounted the card on its slot and tried turning on my computer , there's no display at all on my monitor.. just pure black screen. So was just wondering what seems to be the problem ? But when i use my old card which is the Radeon 6770 it works just fine .. :( 

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k
GPU: AMD Radeon r9 270x 2gb
MoBo : MSI Z77A-G45
PSU: OCZ 750W ZT Series Modular PSU

It says 2x 75W 6 pin PCIE power connectors for 500W PSU or greater are recommended , was just wondering if you got 2x 6pin to 8 pin connectors will it work just fine? Or you really need to have those 2x 6 pins ? i have yet to buy those 2x 75w 6 pins .. so i want to make sure that i'm buying the right one :) 

And does my motherboard supports that card at all ? tried updating my BIOS , tried different displays like HDMI and DVI but still got no display .. :( 

i really need help from GPU guru's :) 
thanks in advance for the replies :) 

More about : amd radeon 270x 2gb

a c 87 ) Power supply
a c 225 à CPUs
a c 176 À AMD
a c 450 V Motherboard
a c 395 U Graphics card
April 27, 2014 4:32:11 AM

to be sure it's your GPU causing this issue, could you use your integrated graphics, that'll clarify if it is a problem with your GPU or somewhere else.
m
0
l
April 27, 2014 4:51:47 AM

unknownofprob said:
to be sure it's your GPU causing this issue, could you use your integrated graphics, that'll clarify if it is a problem with your GPU or somewhere else.


Hello, so i just tried the integrated graphics and it works .. same with my old card the radeon 6770
I am thinking maybe i just need another 6 pin to 8 pin PCIE connectors or those highly recommended 6 pins for the card, but i don't know ... 'cuz im seeing 2 6 pics connectors on the r9 270x .. but i am not sure since i dont really know that much about this stuff :p  .. so i came here to ask for help :( 
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 87 ) Power supply
a c 225 à CPUs
a c 176 À AMD
a c 450 V Motherboard
a c 395 U Graphics card
April 27, 2014 4:55:11 AM

so it is defiantly an issue with the graphics card. The R9 270X needs (only) two 6 pin connectors, if you have done that already, you no doubt have a problem with your Graphics card.
Share
April 27, 2014 5:03:19 AM

unknownofprob said:
so it is defiantly an issue with the graphics card. The R9 270X needs (only) two 6 pin connectors, if you have done that already, you no doubt have a problem with your Graphics card.


I have yet to buy those 6 pins connectors .. maybe later when i wake up :) 
but out of curiosity ... what is exactly a 6 pins look like ? :/  sorry about this dumb question lol
is it like 6 pins to 6 pins ?
And will 2x 6 pin to 8 pin will work just fine with the r9 270x card ?
m
0
l
a c 87 ) Power supply
a c 225 à CPUs
a c 176 À AMD
a c 450 V Motherboard
a c 395 U Graphics card
April 27, 2014 5:08:49 AM

with your PSU, you'll see PCI outputs, there will be 6 pin outputs with that, as well as 8 pin (which you don't need). You can also get 8 pin to 6 pin, like you mentioned, but the 8 pin needs to go to the PSU and 6 pin to the graphics card. If you want, just link up what you get before you get it, just in case you get the wrong cable. Hope this helps and best of luck to get this solved!

m
0
l
April 27, 2014 4:54:20 PM

unknownofprob said:
with your PSU, you'll see PCI outputs, there will be 6 pin outputs with that, as well as 8 pin (which you don't need). You can also get 8 pin to 6 pin, like you mentioned, but the 8 pin needs to go to the PSU and 6 pin to the graphics card. If you want, just link up what you get before you get it, just in case you get the wrong cable. Hope this helps and best of luck to get this solved!



ya so i just gave up lol ... got frustrated trying to figure out what's wrong :( 
any advice though , like on what graphics card should i get that'll work well with my PSU or my MoBo ...
m
0
l
a c 87 ) Power supply
a c 225 à CPUs
a c 176 À AMD
a c 450 V Motherboard
a c 395 U Graphics card
April 27, 2014 8:03:52 PM

GTX 760, great card by Nvidia that is close to R9 270X but beats it.
m
0
l
April 27, 2014 8:10:19 PM

unknownofprob said:
GTX 760, great card by Nvidia that is close to R9 270X but beats it.


hmm i see, i will look into that :) 
jst found out that my PSU doesn't support those 6 pin connectors
and i've been using my old card 'till i get a new PSU ...

what's a good brand for PSU that supports a 2x 6 pin power connectors ?
srry 'bout the questions .. :p 
m
0
l
a c 87 ) Power supply
a c 225 à CPUs
a c 176 À AMD
a c 450 V Motherboard
a c 395 U Graphics card
April 27, 2014 8:13:24 PM

Corsair, preferably TX series. Has 80+ BRONZE certification, and 5 years warranty, all for a good price and is something quality.
m
0
l
April 27, 2014 8:22:37 PM

unknownofprob said:
Corsair, preferably TX series. Has 80+ BRONZE certification, and 5 years warranty, all for a good price and is something quality.


ohh i see ... ok so i just looked into that GPU you were talking about
and uhmm does N760 GAMING GeForce GTX 760 2GB
have those PCIE connector ? i took a look into its images on google and i didnt see one
m
0
l
a c 87 ) Power supply
a c 225 à CPUs
a c 176 À AMD
a c 450 V Motherboard
a c 395 U Graphics card
April 27, 2014 8:26:32 PM

has similar power requirements, 2 6 pin cables, with a new PSU, it'll be easy as it has the right outputs.
m
0
l
Related resources