What kind of performance can i expect with this config ?

Proc : amd fx 6300
GPu : ati r7 260
ram : 8 gigs
and what resolution will give me smoother fps ? ( 1366*768 , 1600*900 , 1920*1080 )
my budget is low , just looking for a decent gaming rig.
31 answers Last reply
More about kind performance expect config
  1. med or slightly below med quality in most games 1080p and med-high on 900 , high-ultra on 768

    edit: if you find any extra money a step up to r9 270 gets you high settings on 1080p and gtx 760 will play mostly anything on ultra on 1080p. with that same cpu/ram/mobo
  2. Well uh... You didn't really give us any specific games so I'm just gonna link this. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r7-260-review,3736-3.html

    I would go for 1080p personally. Higher res > higher settings personally, but then again I do alot more with my pc that just game.
  3. laviniuc said:
    med or slightly below med quality in most games 1080p and med-high on 900 , high-ultra on 768

    edit: if you find any extra money a step up to r9 270 gets you high settings on 1080p and gtx 760 will play mostly anything on ultra on 1080p. with that same cpu/ram/mobo


    r7 260 vs gtx 650 ti ?
  4. optimusprime1234 said:
    laviniuc said:
    med or slightly below med quality in most games 1080p and med-high on 900 , high-ultra on 768

    edit: if you find any extra money a step up to r9 270 gets you high settings on 1080p and gtx 760 will play mostly anything on ultra on 1080p. with that same cpu/ram/mobo


    r7 260 vs gtx 650 ti ?


    it's about 10% faster, depends a bit on the game. that difference though is what makes games playable at medium settings (60-ish fps versus 45-55 for the gtx)

    you can check results here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r7-260-review,3736-3.html as suggested by mouse24

    edit: factor in the price you find it at (the article is from last year) and should be easy to decide...
    http://media.bestofmicro.com/G/S/421804/original/avg-perf.png

    edit2: you can replace 7770 with gtx 650 ti below
    "Put simply, the Radeon HD 7770 is about 15% slower than the new Radeon R7 260, and the 260X is about 11% faster. Those numbers don't sound like much, but the HD 7770 dropped as low as 33 FPS in some benchmarks, while the R7 260 never fell below 40. Particularly at 1920x1080, that's a significant margin. On the other hand, AMD's Radeon R7 260X performs better, but not so much that it facilitates higher resolutions. It might allow for a couple of more taxing details without dropping below 30 FPS. However, the two cards come pretty close to each other. "
  5. laviniuc said:
    optimusprime1234 said:
    laviniuc said:
    med or slightly below med quality in most games 1080p and med-high on 900 , high-ultra on 768

    edit: if you find any extra money a step up to r9 270 gets you high settings on 1080p and gtx 760 will play mostly anything on ultra on 1080p. with that same cpu/ram/mobo


    r7 260 vs gtx 650 ti ?


    it's about 10% faster, depends a bit on the game. that difference though is what makes games playable at medium settings (60-ish fps versus 45-55 for the gtx)

    you can check results here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r7-260-review,3736-3.html as suggested by mouse24

    edit: factor in the price you find it at (the article is from last year) and should be easy to decide...
    http://media.bestofmicro.com/G/S/421804/original/avg-perf.png

    edit2: you can replace 7770 with gtx 650 ti below
    "Put simply, the Radeon HD 7770 is about 15% slower than the new Radeon R7 260, and the 260X is about 11% faster. Those numbers don't sound like much, but the HD 7770 dropped as low as 33 FPS in some benchmarks, while the R7 260 never fell below 40. Particularly at 1920x1080, that's a significant margin. On the other hand, AMD's Radeon R7 260X performs better, but not so much that it facilitates higher resolutions. It might allow for a couple of more taxing details without dropping below 30 FPS. However, the two cards come pretty close to each other. "


    R7 260 X and i3 3220 ?
    will it be a bottleneck ? or is it ok ?
  6. If going i3, go with an i3 4130. What is your budget, and what do you need to buy specifically?
  7. logainofhades said:
    If going i3, go with an i3 4130. What is your budget, and what do you need to buy specifically?


    what do you reckon of this ?
    fx 4300 + r7 260x
    i am having like 18k ( INR ) to buy proc + gpu
  8. FX 6300 and HD 7790 on itdepot should be pretty close to your budget. An i3 4130 would as well.
  9. logainofhades said:
    FX 6300 and HD 7790 on itdepot should be pretty close to your budget. An i3 4130 would as well.

    So ,was checking comparisions , fps is slightly higher for GTX 650 TI .
    so, which one ? r7 260x or gtx 650 TI
  10. Looks like the 7790 is faster to me, for the most part.

    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/776?vs=781
  11. optimusprime1234 said:
    logainofhades said:
    FX 6300 and HD 7790 on itdepot should be pretty close to your budget. An i3 4130 would as well.

    So ,was checking comparisions , fps is slightly higher for GTX 650 TI .
    so, which one ? r7 260x or gtx 650 TI



    r7 260x is faster compared to the 650 ti. on average 25% faster. even the 260 is about 10-15% faster as you saw above...
  12. laviniuc said:
    optimusprime1234 said:
    logainofhades said:
    FX 6300 and HD 7790 on itdepot should be pretty close to your budget. An i3 4130 would as well.

    So ,was checking comparisions , fps is slightly higher for GTX 650 TI .
    so, which one ? r7 260x or gtx 650 TI



    r7 260x is faster compared to the 650 ti. on average 25% faster. even the 260 is about 10-15% faster as you saw above...


    what about 650 TI BOOST ?
  13. what is your total budget? do you need an OS? Do you need a monitor? What other parts do you already have?

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD Athlon X4 760K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($84.73 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($57.78 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($36.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($129.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Mwave)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $553.43
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-29 04:19 EDT-0400)
  14. optimusprime1234 said:
    laviniuc said:
    optimusprime1234 said:
    logainofhades said:
    FX 6300 and HD 7790 on itdepot should be pretty close to your budget. An i3 4130 would as well.

    So ,was checking comparisions , fps is slightly higher for GTX 650 TI .
    so, which one ? r7 260x or gtx 650 TI



    r7 260x is faster compared to the 650 ti. on average 25% faster. even the 260 is about 10-15% faster as you saw above...


    what about 650 TI BOOST ?


    the 650 ti boost is slightly faster but depends also on the game, you can check the comparison here to put it into perspective. the 260x is just a tiny bit faster than the 7790 and the 260 a bit slower.

    also, do make sure it's an actual 650 ti boost before you order it, it's not the same as the 650 ti.

    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/782?vs=776
  15. Best value for money is fx6300+750Ti.
    750Ti can be had for under 12k on flipkart(msi model) or 750 non ti is also good choice and can be had for under 10k(galaxy model).I3-4130 or fx6300 is a matter of personal choice and preference as both perform pretty much the same.
  16. nikoli707 said:
    what is your total budget? do you need an OS? Do you need a monitor? What other parts do you already have?

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD Athlon X4 760K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($84.73 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($57.78 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($36.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($129.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Mwave)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $553.43
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-29 04:19 EDT-0400)


    Anonymous said:
    Best value for money is fx6300+750Ti.
    750Ti can be had for under 12k on flipkart(msi model) or 750 non ti is also good choice and can be had for under 10k(galaxy model).I3-4130 or fx6300 is a matter of personal choice and preference as both perform pretty much the same.


    and the apt motherboard for GTX 750 TI + fx 6300 ?
  17. yes, throwing an extra $50 gets a much better fx6300 over the 760k.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($112.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($89.79 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($36.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($129.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case ($27.99 @ Micro Center)
    Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Mwave)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $601.70
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-29 06:08 EDT-0400)
  18. nikoli707 said:
    yes, throwing an extra $50 gets a much better fx6300 over the 760k.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($112.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($89.79 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($36.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($129.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case ($27.99 @ Micro Center)
    Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Mwave)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $601.70
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-29 06:08 EDT-0400)


    i have a 21" 1080p monit... well,basically , a secondary tv . It has an hdmi port , so i can connect to it.
    So , figured out Amd R9 270 and Amd FX 6300 . they should do good right ?
  19. yes, fx6300+r9-270 will perform very well at 1080p
  20. nikoli707 said:
    yes, fx6300+r9-270 will perform very well at 1080p


    yo , thanks :) :D. Should buy these soon , got tired with my laptop >.<
    *over heating laptop :P
    lil silly but , connecting via hdmi wont decrease any performance right ? never used one :O . lol
    P.s : this is my first build
    Appreciate your help :)
  21. no, the hdmi connection has nothing to do with performance.
  22. nikoli707 said:
    yes, fx6300+r9-270 will perform very well at 1080p


    thanks :D , and btw , do you prefer 1080p + med - high settings or 720p + ultra settings ?
    Which is good ?
    and , R9 270 vs GTX 660 ?
  23. optimusprime1234 said:
    nikoli707 said:
    yes, fx6300+r9-270 will perform very well at 1080p


    thanks :D , and btw , do you prefer 1080p + med - high settings or 720p + ultra settings ?
    Which is good ?
    and , R9 270 vs GTX 660 ?


    GTX 660.
  24. ElMoIsEviL said:
    optimusprime1234 said:
    nikoli707 said:
    yes, fx6300+r9-270 will perform very well at 1080p


    thanks :D , and btw , do you prefer 1080p + med - high settings or 720p + ultra settings ?
    Which is good ?
    and , R9 270 vs GTX 660 ?


    GTX 660.


    660 is older right ?
    what will be the fps diff b/w them @ 1080p ? cuz 660 is cheaper here in india by 2k
  25. actually there's a reason why the gtx 660 is cheaper. it's also slower compared to the r9 270. i think you should get the newer faster 270 if you can afford it.
  26. laviniuc said:
    actually there's a reason why the gtx 660 is cheaper. it's also slower compared to the r9 270. i think you should get the newer faster 270 if you can afford it.


    yeah , getting it . thanks.
    Getting a cheaper motherboard . Will mobo's affect fps ?
  27. not directly. a more expensive motherboard will be more stable, might allow for a higher overclock of the cpu/graphics and in general will have more stuff included on it (more sata ports, higher quality audio, more usb3 ports/connectors, better onboard lan etc)

    if you want paste the whole config you plan to get and we can check if there's any room for improvement...
  28. laviniuc said:
    not directly. a more expensive motherboard will be more stable, might allow for a higher overclock of the cpu/graphics and in general will have more stuff included on it (more sata ports, higher quality audio, more usb3 ports/connectors, better onboard lan etc)

    if you want paste the whole config you plan to get and we can check if there's any room for improvement...


    yeh , there you go
    Amd FX 6300
    R9 270 - MSI gaming edition
    Mobo - Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2PT
    http://www.flipkart.com/gigabyte-ga-78lmt-s2pt-motherboard/p/itmd8k55tvz3vbzr?pid=MBDD8K55TVZ3VBZR&otracker=from-search&srno=t_4&query=motherboard&ref=bab104a5-f6f5-4ba9-bdb9-5105c7daa8dc
    Will this work ^ ?
    8 gb 1600 MHz DDR3 ram
    psu - Corsair VS650 650 Watt PSU
    already having a 21" inch led display ( will connect via hdmi )
  29. the problem with that particular motherboard is that not all revisions of it support vishera (fx6300) cpus...
    http://www.flipkart.com/gigabyte-ga-78lmt-usb3-motherboard/p/itmdeg8jwxzjap4f?pid=MBDDEG8JWXZJAP4F&srno=b_1&ref=947c7478-09b4-46f2-8a24-ab322324c6d6
    how about this?
  30. laviniuc said:
    the problem with that particular motherboard is that not all revisions of it support vishera (fx6300) cpus...
    http://www.flipkart.com/gigabyte-ga-78lmt-usb3-motherboard/p/itmdeg8jwxzjap4f?pid=MBDDEG8JWXZJAP4F&srno=b_1&ref=947c7478-09b4-46f2-8a24-ab322324c6d6
    how about this?


    this one's fine too , thanks
    so , with my rig , i will be able to run most games @ 1080p - med- high settings ? ( not ultra )
  31. i would say you will be able to play at 1080p maybe not exactly max settings, but definitely above medium. it will depend on each game. i would say you can start with maxed out settings and decrease if needed till the frame rates get to the values you want them to be.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming CPUs AMD ATI GPUs Performance Configuration Graphics Cards