Looking for a 1155 motherboard for i5 2500k

louiskline

Reputable
Mar 20, 2014
So I'm not knowledgeable about this stuff. I ruined my last mother board and I'm looking for a new one at around $100. The computer isn't with me so I can't say what all of the components are, but what I do know is that I have an i5 2500k, and an asetek lclc water cooler. I also have a few fans. One hooked up to what I believe is a heat sink. Another is on the top of the back panel. One on the bottom panel in the back and the last on is on the front panel on the bottom. What I've seen most heavily recommended are the asrock z68 extreme 3, and the z77 extreme 4. I know very little about overclocking so the chances of me doing something major if anything at all are slim. Thanks for the advice in advance.

Edit: if there is a component that you need info on that I haven't listed, I can call the guy who is holding my computer and ask him to get my specs

leeb2013

Honorable
I can recommend Extreme 4 Z77 or Z67 if you are overclocking or dual GPU, if not, any LGA1055 socket mobo will do for basic purposes. You may consider one with USB 3 and SATA 3 if you have any devices which use these.

louiskline

Reputable
Mar 20, 2014
So I'm probably going with the bio star because it is basically the same price as the asrock but with more to it than both the asrock and the Msi. If this is a naive way to pick out which one is preferable let me know. If not thanks a lot for your help.