$1000-1200 Gaming PC

yohan weir

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
I'm trying to build a system to get the best performance for as little as possible. I want to have the ability to throw another graphics card for SLI later, and OCing capabilitys. He is the build I have. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3ABzt Would it make sense to jump down to a GTX 770? Is the 780 worth the money? And is their anything I should change?

Solution
I would really try and squeeze in a SSD into the build, the Samsung EVO 120GB for $80 is a fantastic performer, and really enhances day to day computing. The 780 is a nice step up from the 770, but for 1080P gaming it really isn't needed.

Transmaniacon

Distinguished
I would really try and squeeze in a SSD into the build, the Samsung EVO 120GB for $80 is a fantastic performer, and really enhances day to day computing. The 780 is a nice step up from the 770, but for 1080P gaming it really isn't needed.

Solution

civers1

Honorable
May 8, 2013
Are you planning on doing any online gaming? Especially first person shooters? If you are, you might want to try to go with wired networking. If this is not possible in your specific situation, you should look into a top performing wireless network card, and router. The card that you have listed will work, but it will not give you the best possible results.

The ASUS PCE-AC68 is a pricy but excellent adapter, when paired with a top performing router. DO NOT get the ASUS PCE-AC66, I have one of these cards and it does not work with the Z87 chipset.

Or, I am currently using, the Intel 7260 , and it holds its own. Although, when I was using one of the ASUS adapters it seemed to work better.

But, as I explained already, gigabit ethernet would be best.

Hope this helps